ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- FanDuel TV "The Bettor Sports Network" bringing live sports & interactive content to the games fans care about most
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Lead Software Engineer (Automation, Python, Terraform)
You will be part of a team of software engineers dedicated to improving our developer services & tooling, making engineers lives easier. Across FanDuel we perform tens of thousands of production deployments each year. The Release Engineering team build solutions that remove manual processes by automating how developers manage changes & capture deployment data for analsyis. As well as coding solutions, mostly in Python, you will get to Terraform the teams infra & work on cicd pipeline steps used by hundreds of engineers. If you are new to some of this, we were too at one point & will support you in learning.
Our stack includes AWS, Python, Lambda, Aurora, Terraform, S3, AWS REST API gateway & Buildkite.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Help to improve our frameworks, services & tooling.
- Design, build & support, tools & frameworks that automate how development teams manage their release data, change controls, & approvals.
- Explore a multitude of technology to solve complex problems.
- Write good code following best practices.
- Lead design processes & promote best practices in the team.
- Reflect our team values in day-to-day working.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Loves automation.
- Enjoys crafting code. Python experience is great, but not necessary.
- Experience working with an AWS technical stack or similar.
- Experience with structuring data e.g. into SQL.
- Understanding of source control management e.g. GitHub.
- Familiarity with configuration management e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Keen to learn & work with new technologies.
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues across the company.
- Experience of mentoring more junior staff.
- You believe anything is possible & that great teams achieve great things together.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with API development.
- Demonstrated use of artifact control tools (Nexus, Artifactory, Image repositories).
- Experience with CI tools.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.