Vimeo OTT helps video creators grow thriving video businesses, from small content creators to major media partners. Creators distribute & sell their amazing videos through our customer-branded websites & apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, & Roku. Our core technology is a React & Rails web app through which creators administer multiple video products & viewers watch & pay for videos.
The Vimeo OTT Platform team is focused on creating an exceptionally scalable, rock-solid platform that can keep up with the growing business & provide the foundation for continued, long-term growth. We cover public & private APIs, infrastructure & operations, security, & integrations. Its a broad range of responsibilities which translates directly to broad opportunities for working with different technologies & for making an impact!
OTT Engineering as a whole is an organization that loves to collaborate, encourages curiosity, & upholds technical excellence. We continuously ship small improvements to help our creators, striving to make world-class software that empowers people to build their business with video. We believe diversity of perspective & experience are key to building great tech.
What you'll do:
- Make significant contributions to big projects that affect the core architecture of the Vimeo OTT platform & expand our ability to deliver rich experiences to our users.
- Grow your technical expertise to become an effective collaborator with other teams on complex integrations & innovation technical solutions.
- Improve performance, monitoring, alerting, & security for our services. Participate in our on-call rotation.
- Support & mentor junior engineers, uphold best practices & standards, & become a trusted engineering leader.
- Be instrumental in growing the role of backend engineering for Viewer Experience, a full-stack team that works on making Vimeo OTT a world-class experience for viewers
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- You have experience shipping features by building frontend components & API endpoints.
- You are comfortable with web development concepts & best practices.
- You prioritize shipping user value & focus on making an impact for users.
- You practice empathy while working across teams - we regularly collaborate with peers on non-technical teams.
- You always strive to write high-quality code & automated tests.
- You communicate well verbally & in writing, across different kinds of audiences.
Vimeo is the worlds leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs