About the role
Were looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Pay Friends team. The goal of this team is to give our members the ability to effortlessly send & request money to & from anyone. Today, millions of our members use this feature to pay their friends, settle debts, borrow quick cash, split bills, & many other use cases. We believe that were in a unique position to make this the best peer to peer payment experience. We need the help of a talented designer to build upon this vision & bring more of it to reality.
This role cannot be performed in the state of Colorado.
In this role, you can expect to
- Truly push the boundaries of visual, motion, & interaction design to make Pay Friends the simplest & most striking payments experience on the market
- Work in a fast paced, design driven, collaborative environment
- Craft innovative features & experiences, present them to senior leadership, & work with your team to bring them to life
- Partner up with Researchers, Product Managers, Content Designers, & Engineering colleagues to identify, prioritize, & build highly impactful experiences for our members.
- Contribute to & up-level our Design System
- Create detailed prototypes that look & feel like the real deal. You are free to use any tool of choice.
- Proactively identify opportunities, form an opinion on them, & champion to get them built.
To thrive in this role, you have
- A proven track record of building successful consumer mobile apps.
- A portfolio of industry defining visual & interaction design samples.
- The ability to balance business objectives with user needs. You represent both sides & balance your design decisions, getting the best possible outcome for both.
- The ability to take a first principles approach to complex problems & articulate the decisions behind every design detail.
- A growth mindset, be an optimist, & be adaptable! Were a fast growing company & are learning as we grow.
- Ability to code or build a highly technical prototype is a plus.
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees & helping people grow their savings automatically, weve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest & fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, & more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech & were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, & others.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits
- Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- Generous vacation policy & company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., & delicious snack boxes, too!
- A challenging & fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech & help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, & inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, & ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members & helps us all grow as Chimers & individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, & any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer & will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects & uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.