Lead Security Engineer, Product
Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Engineering @ Compass
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform real estate.
Security @ Compass
We are hands-on security engineers helping to build secure, resilient, & scalable web apps, mobile apps, & platform for the real estate industry. We work with a diverse set of teams to provide & support transparent & automated security tooling & services. We architect secure web products, perform simulated attacks, identify weaknesses, & work with teams to remediate & protect our products. You will lead our effort to build security as a service to drive safe-by-default environments & drive customer trust.
What you will do:
- Enable autonomy for engineers via safe-by-default tooling, & ensure engineering velocity is maintained by automating security requirements & building security as code
- Design, build, & automate the security hardening mechanisms to keep the Compass product & our customers safe
- Conduct regular security architecture reviews, vulnerability assessments, & code review for the Compass platform to proactively find potential vulnerabilities
- Be a lead partner to teams while evaluating & providing security guidance on new product features, processes, tooling, & services
- Develop people & teams through mentoring & feedback with accountability
- Drive program delivery of Product Security initiatives across Product & Engineering Platform
Who you are:
- You are empathetic & accountable while helping contribute to improving our security program & continuing to build our customers trust
- You take an automation-first approach to everything you do. You understand the challenges of scale for security & leverage automation whenever possible
- You are passionate about embedding security throughout the software development lifecycle & collaborating with development teams to help build secure applications
- Demonstrated experience performing security reviews, validation, & implementation to the software development life cycle
- Ability to communicate about security vulnerabilities & remediation techniques in an accessible way to a variety of audiences
- Enjoy collaborating & performing threat modeling exercises & help design secure applications with embedded security principles & good practices
- Experience working with any programming languages & ability to facilitate automation used as part of the secure SDLC (SAST, DAST, IAST, RASP)
- Demonstrated team growth managing a team or acting as a team lead to help develop skills through mentoring, coaching, & regular 1 on 1s
- History of teaching & leading development teams toward better security outcomes
- Desire to grow & solve new challenges as Compass architecture rapidly evolves
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog!