Director of Engineering, Enterprise Technology
New York City
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we will triple the size of our engineering team & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Role:
An engineering leader at Compass is respected by colleagues for your deep technical contributions to the industry, your ability to inspire & attract key talent, your passion for customers & the impact of your work, & your ability to deliver large scale engineering solutions with quality.
You will be responsible for the configuration & development practices & processes for the firms core enterprise systems (100% SaaS - Salesforce, Netsuite, Zendesk, HRIS, others). The scope of the role will include overall systems design, stakeholder, demand, & quality management processes, as well as competent team building & management.
At Compass You Will:
- Be our subject matter expert & internal champion for enterprise systems such as Salesforce & other cloud SaaS platforms.
- Identify business opportunities & define technical vision for your team & the company
- Inspire, recruit & mentor a team of high performing engineers
- Develop a scalable engineering culture for hundreds of top talent engineers by leveraging modern principles of decoupled systems & automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- Proven track record of building top talent & high-performance teams, directing multiple teams & engineering managers
- Experience managing large scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Experience with managing multiple SaaS Enterprise-class systems & development/configuration resources
- Leadership on multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release & maintenance
- Proven success in working with product, marketing, business, & operations divisions
- Examples of engineers for whom youve guided their technical & career progress
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS/PhD preferred
Check out our Engineering blog!