Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a systems thinker, with an ability to quickly learn how different parts of the business interact.
You love working on hard data problems, combining data from many sources to drive value for the business
You will need to solve for multiple strategic priorities (i.e. growth, efficiency, & quality) & consider various stakeholders (buyers, sellers, agents, & employees). Each week will bring you a new set of projects & challenges, where success is measured by data-driven outcomes.
As a BizOps Analyst, you are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, & operational. You will collect, sanitize, analyze, & synthesize data; apply critical thinking & communications skills to make actionable recommendations; & drive those recommendations thru to execution. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, & building a compelling business case.
What Youll Do Here
- Create & monitor metrics to support the optimization of HomeLights fastest growing & financing business lines, HomeLight Trade-In, Cash Offer, & Home Loans.
- Build dashboards for a variety of audiences: executive, operational, management to empower us to run our business efficiently
- Work extremely cross-functionally, attending to various projects with our Finance, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Executive teams, & more
- Beyond analytics, youll work closely with sales, ops, & product to help problem solve operational issues
- Be an all-around team player - as an operator in a growing start-up your responsibilities will constantly be growing & evolving
- SQL proficiency, required
- Excel/Google Sheets proficiency, required
- Experience using R (tidyverse) or Python (pandas) is a plus
- Experience accessing data from APIs is a plus
- Experience with Tableau, Apache Superset or other business intelligence tools is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, & offer recommendations
- Intellectual horsepower & the ability to think through a broad range of business issues
- Experience working cross functionally with technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Great verbal & written communication skills
- Experience in real estate (sales, escrow, title, tech, etc) a plus
- Experience in operationally-intensive businesses (e.g. proptech, ecommerce, ridesharing, food delivery) a plus