Product Design Lead, Commerce
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, & persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams that are deeply collaborative, & each member is directly responsible for the teams success.
Were looking for a Product Design Lead with a UX background to champion the strategic thinking & launch of several new features. You'll partner closely with user research, product, & engineering teams to create a vision & strategy to help entrepreneurs start & grow their online businesses. Youll be responsible for improving the current experience, but also working on new features that will define the future of selling online. As the Product Design Lead you will also guide the work of other designers & mentor junior members of the team. You thrive in ambiguity, can identify new areas of opportunity for the product, & ensure excellence in craft & usability. Experience in e-commerce & a passion for empowering small businesses a plus.
You will report to the Senior Product Design Manager, Commerce.
- Build the user experience & detailed execution of a specific area of the product
- Collaborate with product & engineering teams from concept through delivery & beyond
- Help shape the teams roadmap by understanding & advocating for user needs
- Help define key metrics in order to track success & business impact
- Maintain clear team alignment around goals & priorities
- Approach an open-ended problem space with vigor & clarity
- Think holistically about the user journey & product ecosystem
- Create elegant solutions to complex problems
- Participate in user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
- Collaborate with our Design Systems team to ensure your work integrates into our ecosystem
- Be data-driven & have a desire to improve the experience
- 7+ years of experience
- Deep experience in user experience, visual design & prototyping
- Understand information architecture & service design
- Use a systems approach to design
- Strong presentation & storytelling skills with the ability to tailor your content to the audience
- Deep passion for our product & the impact that it has in the world
- A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.