At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft understands that the future of a seamless, amazing mobility experience requires more than a great app & great drivers. It also requires a great vehicle. This is why weve reimagined our Driver Hubs to include new vehicle services that will not only improve the experience for our customers, but also reduce some of the challenges that come with being a driver. Our in-house vehicle service centers, where drivers will get high quality, affordable maintenance & repair with lightning speed will be building out quickly.
As a Vehicle Service Technician 1, you will report to our Vehicle Service Manager. You will learn how to support our drivers & passengers by providing them with incredibly fast, top quality service so they can rely on clean, safe, well-maintained vehicles. This work requires someone who takes pride in their work & possesses a strong desire to learn & develop.
- Perform basic maintenance & service operations such as oil change, vehicle inspection, tire rotation & replacement, wheel alignment, engine & cabin air filter replacement
- Learn to be one of the highest quality complete vehicle maintenance technicians
- Responsible for cleaning & detailing vehicles
- Maintain a clean & safe work environment on a continuous basis & comply with Lyfts repair, safety, & regulatory guidelines
- Responsible for performing & documenting daily equipment inspections & ensuring equipment is ready for use
- Partner with team members to drive efficiency & resolve complex problems
- Operate a variety of hand, power, & shop tools
- Ability to receive ongoing technical & process training/certifications & learn from experienced Lyft ASE & ICARR certified trainers
- Must have at least 1 year of work experience
- Industry experience is a nice to have but not required
- Must have a basic level of computer proficiency
- Strong teamwork skills (i.e. communication, respectfulness, listening, reliability, conflict management)
- Understands both what quality is & how to do quality work
- Ability to lift 20lbs
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Capable of standing, walking, & completing physical activity ~8 hours per day
- Must have a valid unrestricted drivers license
- Have & maintain a satisfactory driving record & be insurable under Lyft's policy
- Brand new, state of the art equipment provided
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.