Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase & the Centre Consortium oversees the standards & protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap & is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week.Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an experienced Internal Audit leader who can spearhead the creation of the function for the organization & provide independent & objective evaluations of company financial & operational business activities. You will oversee review & evaluation of the effectiveness of Financial, IT & regulatory Compliance controls. You should have a firm grasp of SOX compliance & financial services regulations & requirements & their appropriate assertions & reporting. This position will report directly to the Audit Committee & administratively to VP, Finance & Accounting.
What youll work on:
- Communicate regularly & directly with the Board (Audit Committee), CFO, CAO, General Counsel, Controller & other Executives.
- Establish the Internal Audit Charter & develop the Companys internal audit strategy including deciding upon the balance of in-house or outsourced internal audit resourcing to meet the needs of the various functional testing areas required.
- Determine audit team staffing requirements in the context of the business & build an effective audit team.
- Review internal controls design, implementation, risk assessment & scoping process by identifying significant operational assets, critical processes & ensure an adequate scope & testing of the Companys financial statement-based risks.
- Maintain strong working relationships with the various departments at the company & work effectively cross functionally.
- Critically evaluate current set of in scope controls & recommend ways to rationalize & optimize controls through automation.
- Serve as a reliable & insightful resource for implementing controls within a business process in an efficient & effective manner.
- Liaise with the external auditors & coordinate SOX & other audit related matters to ensure reliance by External Auditors on Managements testing to minimize impact to the business & alignment of testing results.
- Perform other tasks & projects as assigned in support of internal audit team & corporate objectives such as business process improvements, planning & execution of operational audit projects.
- Demonstrates development of technical & analytical skills to understand business processes, interpret the associated risks, develop testing approach, & propose solutions.
- Work closely with the IT Security & Compliance team to evaluate & test IT General Controls & KYC/AML controls respectively
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What youll bring to Circle:
- 12+ Years of experience with a combination of Public accounting/audit & Industry.
- Previous Public Company experience leading an internal audit function with reporting out directly to the Audit Committee.
- Experience building & scaling teams.
- CPA & CIA/CISA or equivalent certification required.
- Experience in project management best practices.
- Strong understanding of internal audit standards, SOX, ITGC & COSO
- Experience working in a rapid growth, financial services, payments or technology company is a plus.
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally & adapt to change are extremely important.
- Ability to prioritize workloads & ensure deadlines are consistently met.
- High integrity & ability to handle confidential information.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.