Since 2010, Birchbox has redefined the way people discover & shop for beauty & grooming by pairing a monthly subscription of handpicked, customized samples with relevant content & a curated e-commerce shop.
Birchboxs trailblazing subscription concept has continued to innovate. Today, we speak directly to an otherwise-overlooked, underserved consumera consumer who Birchbox calls "The Casual Consumer. Casual Consumers are not passionate about beauty, & want a simple, personalized way to explore, buy, & use beauty. They want it to be easy, effective, funand they expect the same things of their beauty products. Birchbox is the destination for all who identify as Beauty Casual. Visit www.birchbox.com for a forever useful, always delightful beauty & grooming experience.
Birchbox is looking for an Interim Head of UK Operations to serve as a 10 month maternity leave cover. This role will manage our Jr Operations Manager & report directly to the VP Global Operations. Our Operations team coordinates with our vendors, ensures that shipping is smooth, efficient, & sustainable, & that all the logistics are in place for a streamlined experience for our customers.
**Our office is based out of London. Due to COVID, our team is working remotely until further notice.**
- Develops & executes the strategy for UK Operations to deliver operational excellence & align to global vision
- Leads on all new product development projects
- Manages UK Operations function to include 1 direct report, ensuring the team delivers against agreed KPIs & supports on career progression & performance management for direct report
- Manages the strategic relationship with third-party warehouse to include commercial & contractual negotiations & account development projects
- Owns UK Operations budget working directly with the finance team to set budgets & review costs vs forecast
- 2:1 Degree
- Advanced level in Microsoft Excel
- Experienced People Manager
- Experience in Budget Management
- 6+ years of experience in Operations / Logistics / Supply Chain
A successful candidate...
- Is a strategic problem solver who is quick to bring ideas about making a situation or service more efficient & successful
- Builds strong cross-team relationships & values-driven partnerships with external stakeholders
- Is a pro at juggling multiple priorities & knows how to manage tasks, people, & processes at the same time
- Is great with numbers & strongly believes in using metrics to analyze performance & maximize results
Birchbox welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, & experiences. We celebrate how different perspectives benefit our employees, our products, & our community. We are focused on cultivating a diverse & inclusive work environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, & innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.