Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr; we transform vast social media feeds into real-time, actionable alerts. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events & critical breaking information, enabling them to act faster & stay one step ahead.
Our groundbreaking technology detects, classifies, & determines the significance of public information. We have revolutionized the way relevant information reaches the right people in corporate security, news, the public sector, & finance.
Along the way, we've been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds while also receiving numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including being recognized by CNBC as one of the worlds 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 & being named to the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes in 2017.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact both as an individual & as a member of our innovative engineering team. Dataminr was founded in 2009 & is backed by the worlds leading venture & growth technology investors so youll have the support of an established company while enjoying the flexible & creative work environment of a successful, high-growth tech startup. Why join a huge tech company where youll be one of thousands? At Dataminr, youll make a difference immediately & contribute to our product & analytics pipelines that process streaming data at scale. The problems we solve are meaningful - our engineering solutions really help people when every second counts. Come join us!
Who you are:
You're an experienced Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Software Engineer interested in helping us analyze & deliver insights from our product data & sales pipelines. You have stood up BI solutions before, you know what questions to ask, what the leading BI platforms require & how to optimize workflows to streamline business processes. Youre proficient at SQL & proprietary BI platform environments, you have experience with cloud-based architectures, analytics data structures & data quality. You work well with Data Analyst partners, are comfortable leading technical BI discussions, know when & how to make decisions & you enjoy mentoring & helping others.
You'll be using a combination of 3rd party & homegrown BI tooling to help our business & product teams learn from our data. In this role, youll help us build & evolve the BI solutions, working with our 3rd party vendor & other teams across engineering, product, finance, marketing, sales & customer success.
In the first month, youll
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on our BI tech stack & data structures with overview sessions & deep dives with your team.
- contribute code to production systems.
Within 3 months, youll:
- share responsibility for BI tooling with other members of your team.
- help to plan new features & improvements.
- begin to take more of a role in helping others understand our BI strategy.
Within 6 months, youll:
- own an area of the BI stack.
- design BI features that impact multiple teams.
- be influential in helping plan the next iterations of our BI tooling.
- bring new ideas to our engineering & BI processes to help us improve constantly.
The way we work:
To maintain our momentum, we need a talented, diverse team of people committed to the idea that real-time information can be a force for good in the world.
- We take initiative, ownership, & are accountable.
- We work urgently & thoughtfully & are driven to constantly improve.
- We share knowledge, consider varied perspectives, & assume positive intent.
- We are commercially minded & deliver measurable results.
- We maintain a sense of humor & humility.
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.