Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are looking for a seasoned advertising professional to lead all of our paid media programs.
Role Mission: Lead MailChimps advertising/media planning, buying & optimization, working with internal stakeholders to build integrated programs that drive awareness & demand, & ultimately revenue. This individual will have an important role within the marketing department, coordinating strategically with all of our third-party media agencies & key vendors. This person will regularly partner with the marketing analytics, brand, product marketing, & partner marketing teams to ensure that the departments paid media programs are supporting their initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Paid Media Program Leadership: Collaborate with marketing leadership to develop & execute MailChimps overall paid media strategy.
- Manage (1) direct report: Marketing Manager, Media/Advertising who is largely responsible for MailChimps overall SEM & performance marketing strategy.
- Work with the Marketing Leadership Team to secure necessary campaign approval.
- Advertising Subject Matter Expertise: Measure efficacy of all media campaigns, with a heavy emphasis on digital performance channels like programmatic, direct investment, search & social.
- Recommend & evaluate targeting & segmentation strategy recommendations for all advertising programs.
- Stay informed of the latest trends in digital marketing, particularly with regards to ad tech, privacy & branding.
- Media Agency & Vendor Management: Maintain & guide a roster of at least two outside media agencies & a number of third-party vendors. Review agency reporting, making optimization recommendations when necessary.
- Meet with outside agencies, vendors & partners to evaluate proposals & review performance.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work with the Brand, Product & Partner Marketing teams to ensure campaign strategy & messaging aligns with initiative goals, objectives & customer journey.
- Work with the Product Marketing team to provide media recommendations, reporting/analysis, testing recommendations, & answer ad hoc questions.
- Collaborate with Marketing Analytics to develop & evaluate benchmarks & KPIs for measuring program effectiveness.
- Work with Marketing Analytics & Web Ops to implement & maintain best-in-class tagging solutions.
- Reporting & Optimization: Provide monthly performance analysis of paid media for internal monthly business review. Evaluate performance against campaign goals & objectives.
- Review media budget forecast & partner allocations. Suggest testing methodologies & experiments to improve conversion rates.
- Brand & Product Stewardship: Understand the MailChimp brand & the value to our end-users, infusing that into all advertising programs & campaigns.
- Participate in marketing & design cross-functional planning cycle to ensure that advertising programs incorporate appropriate elements.
- Coordinate with internal Design team & external creative & digital agencies to ensure assets are developed to spec, on time & in line with MailChimps brand guidelines.
Wed love to hear from you if:
- Bachelors degree (MBA a plus)
- You have significant experience (10+ years) in advertising, preferably at both the agency & client side
- Experience managing media budgets of $20 million+
- Experience managing both internal teams & external agencies
- You have a strong understanding of advertising programs & strategies across a number of channels, with an emphasis on digital ones including background in the software space, with global experience if possible
- Solid understanding of the small business marketplace
- Deep understanding of the marketing ecosystem in driving not only performance, but improving the customer experience
- Expertise & comfort collaborating closely with analytics groups
- Demonstrated experience managing & bringing to market integrated marketing experiences & campaigns
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task & maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, service oriented & ever-changing environment
- Ability to seamlessly collaborate with other functional areas & teams within the department & organization
- Strong organization, problem-solving, presentation, & interpersonal skills
- See yourself as a collaborator & consensus builder
- Possesses a supreme attention to detail
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.