GIPHY is the worlds largest place to search, discover, & create all the GIFs. Were the leading brand in short-form entertainment & visual communication.
iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack, WhatsApp & many more all integrate against our API to serve GIFS to their millions of users across the globe. We serve over 5 billion GIFS every day to more than 300 million people.
Were a creative & passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals & are looking for like-minded, talented people to join us.
The Director of Human Resources will be a key member in helping us grow GIPHYs people, culture & HR processes. You will be responsible for a variety of areas & must be process-driven while also flexible. This person will be charged with managing a scalable HR system, creating HR policies & flawless execution of HR systems, compensation, benefits, leaves, compliance & people reporting.
What Youll Do:
- Create scalable, cohesive HR strategy + infrastructure that is tailored to employees at all levels in all office locations
- Partner with Head of Ops & Finance team to review current wage strategy & make a recommendation for compensation philosophy & practices, based on competitive market
- Review benefit options for both hourly + full time employees including; Retirement/401K, PTO, maternity/paternity leave plans, wellness & other rewards programs that are competitive, comprehensive, & well-utilized
- Oversee GIPHYs benefit offerings & ensure all are compliant with ACA & other legal requirements
- Explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, & standards to new & existing employees, which includes:
- Developing & administering health & safety programs
- Conducting safety inspections
- Maintaining accident records
- Preparing government reports as to remain in compliance
- Address any employment relations issues, such as work complaints & harassment allegations, which includes:
- Resolving issues between management & employees
- Advising managers on policies like equal employment opportunity & sexual harassment
- Direct disciplinary procedures when necessary
- Process all personnel action forms & ensuring proper approval
- Oversee hiring through termination, which includes:
- Coordinating job posts, reviewing resumes, & performing reference checks
- Analyzing job duties
- Writing job descriptions
- Performing job evaluations & job analyses
- Conducting & analyzing compensation survey
- Conduct & own exit interviews for offboarding
- Conducting training sessions
- Administering on-the-job training programs
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training programs
Who You Are:
- 5-10 years of work experience in various areas of HR or project management
- The confidence to collaborate & challenge C-level executives
- Experience as a self-starter & doesnt need to be micromanaged. You are structured & organized - you have no problem prioritizing multiple business-critical projects & initiatives, while keeping keen attention to detail & not letting anything slip through the cracks
- The ability to be scrappy & resourceful - were a small team with a large workforce; we have been doing a lot with a little
- Compassion for teammates at all levels of the organization & a genuine desire to help people in need
- A friendly demeanor that is trustworthy & loyal
- Comfortable in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, & always evolving startup environment
This is a full time salaried position, including stock options, fully covered health insurance, 4% 401K match, free catered lunch every day, fully covered Equinox or ClassPass gym membership & lots of other fun perks.