As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers & merchants) & solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance & profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational & macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact & tangible financial results. The incumbent will be part of VCA Data Science geographic team cluster of Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar & Cambodia (IPVMC) markets, & will be responsible for Data Science backed consulting engagements with Visa's clients in Vietnam. The team is involved in a comprehensive range of consulting services & solutions to our clients, that address unique challenges in areas such as strategic growth, profitability, risk management, digital strategy & data-driven portfolio management decisions.
If you like to use fact-based, data-driven solutions to solve for business problems that deliver value & enable Vietnam clients to win more business, you should apply.
What a Data Science Director does at Visa:
The Data Science Director is a key member of the Visa Analytics & Consulting (VCA) team. As a Data Science Director for Vietnam, you will be accountable for leading the design, development & implementation of analytics driven strategies & solutions for key Visa clients. You will collaborate with VCA, Business, & Technology teams across the organization to implement solutions to drive business performance.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Define detailed scope & methodology, creating & executing on the framework with appropriate data mining techniques
- Manage & deliver analytics projects from conception to completion with actionable insights & recommendations
- Clearly communicate the findings & recommendations, drive deployment & implementation of analytics solutions, & track business value impact
- Research industry metrics & business context andbring this context to bear in analyses
- Actively seek out opportunities to innovate by using non-traditional data & new modeling techniques fit for purpose to the needs of our clients
- Ensure all project documentation is up to date & maintain the highest levels of quality in deliverables
- Perform as independent contributor mostly, with high engagement with consultants & other data science team members to deliver projects
- Enhance existing analytic techniques by promoting new methodology & best practices in analytics field
- High interaction with external clients, & manage internal & external stakeholders
- On a per-project basis, work on client site as required
This role reports to the Head of Data Science for the IPVMC geographic cluster & to the Country Manager in Vietnam. This position can either be based in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City Visa office.
Why this is important to Visa
As a payment consulting arm of Visa, VCA is growing a team of highly specialized experts that can provide best in class payment expertise to the client. We want to bring this expertise closer to our clients by placing the Data Science Director in-market in Vietnam. We are a global organization leveraging global expertise & best practice with local knowledge & understanding of our client partners. This enables us to deepen our partnership with our clients & bring value to their business
What you will need:
We are looking to hire candidates that have already accumulated a variety of experience, you will be curious about the payments industry, results-driven & client-centric. As a candidate you should have both technical & business acumen:
- Hands on experience with one ormore data analytics/programming tools such as SAS/Salford SPM/Hadoop/R/SQL/Python/Hive, & a working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem
- Proficiency in some of thefollowing statistical techniques: Neural Networks, Gradient Boosting, Linear & Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Markov Chains, Support Vector Machines, Clustering, Principal Component Analysis, Factor analysis, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in planning,organizing, & managing multiple analytic projects with diversecross-functional stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability toinnovate solutions to solve business problems
- Strong internal team & external client stakeholder management with a collaborative, diplomatic, & flexible style; able to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral & written capabilities
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Solutions-focused mindset
What will also help:
- Degree (Masters or Ph.D. would be an advantage) in Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, or engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10years of analytical expertise in applying statistical solutions to business problems
- Experience in analytics for retail banking, card issuing or consulting to retail banks
- Understanding of Payments & Banking Industry including Consumer Credit, Consumer debit, Small Business, Commercial, Co-Brand & Merchant
- In-market experience and/or knowledge of local language & culture as well as regulation & industry trends
- Story-boarding & data story-telling including strong Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Willingness to travel 30%+
Projects you will be a part of:
As part of the team you will get opportunity to work on strategically important projects for clients.
- You might be working with an issuer client to assess opportunities across cardholder lifecycle, conduct gap assessment & determine strategy or provide best practice recommendation to the Bank
- You will also be involved in client pitches, to bring strategic thinking in bringing together a compelling proposition to help Visa win clients & deepen partnerships
- You will build models & data solutions & ensure clients find value to take action such as running marketing campaigns to drive payment card activation & usage, changing policies or processes, launching new products, opening new channels, among other things
- You will provide thought leadership & analytics advisory service to our clients in the face of changing regulation & market landscape impacting business revenue streams