Type: Full time
Min. Experience: 3+ years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr; we transform vast social media feeds into real-time, actionable alerts. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events & critical breaking information, enabling them to act faster & stay one step ahead.
Our groundbreaking technology detects, classifies, & determines the significance of public information. We have revolutionized the way relevant information reaches the right people in corporate security, news, the public sector, & finance.
Along the way, we've been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds while also receiving numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including being recognized by CNBC as one of the worlds 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 & being named to the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes in 2017.
Based in NYC, a career at Dataminr offers the ability to make an individual impact at a rapidly growing tech startup while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009, backed by the worlds leading venture & growth technology investors, & 400 talented employees around the globe.
Who you are:
You're passionate about building mobile apps that leverage the latest mobile features & technologies. Youre focused on optimizing running code to provide a superior mobile experience with as small of an application footprint as possible. You have strong experience developing mobile applications & web services that deliver instant & impactful user experiences.
Our mobile stack is a hybrid product, leveraging Objective-C & JAVA for a majority of core functionality & React Native for Views that are shared between platforms & our web applications. Our mobile web services are Java based & require a good understanding of mobile/service interface design. Our developers have the opportunity to work across products & platforms, providing API development, core platform & UI development for every feature.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with teams in engineering, business development & client services to deliver groundbreaking products for our clients.
In the first month, you'll:
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr delivers breaking news in seconds across mobile, web & inbox.
- get up to speed on our mobile stack with overview sessions & deep dives with our team.
- be contributing code to production systems from the get-go.
Within 3 months, youll:
- develop features on iOS & Android platforms & the corresponding web services that power them
- help to plan new features & architecture improvements.
- begin to take more of a role in mentoring new members of the growing team.
Within 6 months, youll:
- independently developing significant features that have a significant impact on our business
- be influential in the direction of the teams technical roadmap, introducing new concepts & practices that improve the experience of clients & streamlines developer experience.
- grow a diverse team to make sure we have the right mix of skills, experience & approach for the future.
The way we work:
To maintain our momentum, we need a talented, diverse team of people committed to the idea that real-time information can be a force for good in the world.
- We take initiative, ownership, & are accountable.
- We work urgently & thoughtfully & are driven to constantly improve.
- We share knowledge, consider varied perspectives, & assume positive intent.
- We are commercially minded & deliver measurable results.
- We maintain a sense of humor & humility.
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.