At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is hiring an outstanding Product & Commercial Counsel to join our expanding Legal team. You will partner with & provide legal guidance to departments such as Growth, Operations, Product, Marketing, Brand & Business Development on initiatives that influence all aspects of the business. The legal issues youll encounter are cutting edge, revolutionary & always evolving so it will be up to you to continuously assess & advise using a creative & pragmatic approach.
- Provide practical & creative legal advice & support on business matters in a fast-paced business environment
- Develop & drive comprehensive, long-term legal strategies that balance risk & business objectives
- Draft & negotiate a variety of legal agreements involving complex partnerships, technology transactions, & IP-related legal issues
- Prioritize workload to set goals & meet deadlines in a fluctuating & sometimes ambiguous business environment
- Assist other teams with projects on an as-needed basis
- Law degree from top-tier law school & membership in a state bar with good standing
- 5+ years of experience working in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Experience advising on the development of new products & services
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written & verbal), & interpersonal skills
- Willing & eager to take on new areas of law
- Strong track record of working with a wide range of commercial agreements & customer facing terms
- Willing & eager to take on new areas of law & function independently in a demanding fast-paced environment
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, convey grace under pressure, & simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands & shifting priorities
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Great judgment & sense of humor
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.