What is Cat Person?
Cat Person is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love & innovation to a long overlooked & underserved category: cat care. We started Cat Person because we saw a real need: thoughtfully designed food & goods made just for cats & the people who love them.
Launched in March 2020, & born out of Harrys Labs, the innovation arm of Harry's, Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture & toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cats & the cat persons needs in everything we make & do. Its all part of our mission: to make life with cats even more awesome than it already is.
Though our team is small, our vision is grand. We arent just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; were redefining what it means to be a cat person in culture today. Every role at Cat Person plays a part in redefining cat persons for the modern era.
About the role
The Senior Associate, Strategy will lead high-priority strategy projects for the Cat Person business. Strategy initiatives are the drivers of revenue growth for the company & are core to both the near & long-term success of our brand. You will not only be heavily involved in strategic planning, but will also be responsible for bringing the work from idea to implementation. This requires working cross-functionally across the entire Cat Person organization with significant leadership exposure. You will be joining the brand at the early stages & have a significant role in building a company from the ground up & shaping the direction & success of the business.
What you will accomplish
- Work cross-functionally to craft our strategy, refine our long-term roadmap, & understand the financial implications of key decisions
- Push forward high-priority external business development opportunities (e.g., new channel launches)
- Drive high-impact internal projects to set the business up for success in its ability to scale considerably with operational efficiency (e.g. new innovation role outs, demand planning)
- Lead cross-functional team on project implementation, aligning on timelines, sharing information, & clearing roadblocks
- Own Cat Persons long term planning function taking into account various active strategic initiatives in progress
Who you are
- 2+ years experience in management consulting or an equivalent role
- Advanced modeling, data analytics, & presentation skills in MS Office
- Excellent problem-solver, able to take wide-ranging or ambiguous data & drive to a recommendation
- Consumer-centric thinker whos curious about how people think, make purchase decisions, & react to brands, bonus if previous direct experience in customer insights
- Thoroughly enjoy analytical quant work
- Able to translate data & other work product into cohesive & compelling narratives via presentations
- Self-starter with the ability to confidently manage projects & make decisions independently
- Collaborative cross-functional partner, with the ability to interface & manage relationships with various stakeholders in the business
- Strong communicator, comfortable engaging with & presenting to senior leadership & external partners
- Interested in consumer-facing businesses (CPG & pet care is a plus)
- Passion for working in an entrepreneurial environment with a positive attitude
- General awesomeness & a sense of humor
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to Director of Strategy & Operations at Cat Person
- Will also have significant exposure to the full cross-functional team including: CEOs, operations, R&D, brand marketing, & creative - in addition to external 3rd party partners
About Cat Person
Cat Person is a new brand committed to strengthening the relationship between cats & cat persons by delivering cat care essentials - including food, treats & products - that are specially made for the unique needs of cats, & thoughtfully designed for their people. By putting modern feline lovers at the center of their research, design, & marketing processes, Cat Person is prioritizing the unmet needs of this fragmented, $75 billion pet market & flipping the script on the stereotype about cat owners. The company was founded by a small team of passionate cat people & launched in March 2020. Today, it is part of the Harry's family of brands.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered & able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter & your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized & able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.