About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a General Counsel to build our Legal team from the ground up. This position will be responsible for designing & building a world class legal function that will sit at the center of our organization & will bring both a strategic & operational approach to supporting our growth. The ideal candidate is comfortable operating in a rapidly changing environment & leading efforts to continuously build a professional infrastructure for scale.
What youll do:
- Provide leadership team & the Board of Directors with strategic legal advice across a wide range of matters encompassing all functions of a fast-growing consumer goods/tech business, including general corporate, corporate governance, commercial contracts, data privacy & security, intellectual property, employment, litigation, compliance & risk management
- Prepare the organization to be able to operate as a publicly traded company from a legal, compliance & regulatory standpoint
- Advise on & direct corporate legal matters relating to public company reporting & corporate governance, ESG, investor relations, & equity operations
- Build the internal legal function to support our growing organization by developing a roadmap to grow the team & scale our systems & processes, but which will allow the business to continue operating at full speed
- Manage commercial contracts across cross functional business verticals including but not limited to: supply chain, logistics, marketing, creative, technology, human resources, etc.
- Collaborate with leadership team in long-term planning providing strategic insight & helping shape the future of Daily Harvest
- Manage relationships with outside counsel
Who you are:
- JD degree & actively admitted to the New York bar
- Experience leading companies through stages of growth including: financings & mergers & acquisitions
- Public company experience; IPO experience a strong plus
- Strategic thinker with the ability to distill complex legal matters into effective & practical business solutions balancing an appropriate level of risk
- Enjoys working cross functionally & collaborating with a diverse range of functions
- Excellent communicator
- Proactive in anticipating & addressing business needs in a high growth environment
- Empathetic leadership style & proven ability to hire & design an in house legal function
- Willingness to operate as the last line of defense on high stakes legal & risk guidance in real time
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.