Highsnobiety is a digital media, global entertainment brand that inspires people to lead their most stylish & culturally relevant lives by covering news & trends in fashion, sneakers, streetwear, ideas, pop culture, music, art, & entertainment. With a reach of 50M+ each month across platforms, Highsnobiety is both an influential & fast growing media company.
We are looking for Style Writer to join our team in Berlin or New York. This role aims to craft a variety of engaging, conversational, & on-brand fashion news for Highsnobietys website, which requires diligence, speed, & a thorough understanding of the contemporary zeitgeist. The Style Writer is completely immersed in fashion, sneakers, & visual culture, & committed to producing timely & forward-thinking content.
The position plays a key role in shaping Highsnobietys tone of voice. It is embedded within the Daily News team & is executed in alignment with our Shopping, Features, & Social Media teams, all of whom work together to serve our audience with the narratives they care about.
- Write engaging, informative, & relevant stories on the fashion, design, & style worlds on highsnobiety.com.
- To source & draft multiple fashion news stories daily, conceptualized with angles that are unique to Highsnobiety, & deliver them in a timely manner.
- Ensure copy is aligned with Highsnobietys tone of voice, house style, brand values, standards, & quality checks.
- Stay up to date with news & trends in fashion, digital & social media, & any other topics relevant to your role, to Highsnobiety, & its audience.
- A strong record pitching, researching, & writing compelling & accurate copy
- Minimum 2+ years of working for a digital publication (previous newsroom experience preferable but not a must)
- An encyclopedic knowledge of the fashion industry
- The drive & diligence to deliver exceptional content
- A deep understanding of the Highsnobiety brand
- Excellent organizational skills & a cool head under pressure
- Forward planning skills
- A solid understanding of SEO & Social Media
What we offer:
- A comprehensive COVID-19 remote work plan & related sustainable business model
- A bright & spacious Design office, which reflects our brand & focusses on employee well-being, located in the upcoming & vibrant district of Schneberg
- Motivating, international & creative work atmosphere
- High degree of responsibility, creativity, originality, independence & creative leeway
- The opportunity to pro-actively shape a company & help build a global brand
- Ability to gain skills at the cutting edge of the global media & advertising landscape
Highsnobiety is a global community of independent-minded creatives & professionals: Every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression or genetic information.