Here at 1stdibs we are looking to hire a Gallery Operations Coordinator for our soon-to-be-launched Flagship Gallery of the future. Being one of our first hires, you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of this integrated, omnichannel experience that connects the Gallery & our website.
Under the leadership of the Gallery Director, you will be tasked with completely owning all operational functionality of the Gallery in order to ensure productivity & business success from managing stock, to receiving shipment, from vendor follow up, to ensuring compliance with Gallery procedures, you will do it all. Additionally, youll be extending your operational liaison to support over 50 of 1stdibs most exciting sellers & will foster deep relationships with the Trade, their clients, & our seller community.
As a creative, strategic & highly structured ops champ, you will bring 1-3 years of operational savvy & are ready to jump in, learn, iterate & get it done! While you excel at following procedure & love a good check-list, you are comfortable with change & reprioritization. Your can-do attitude, the ability to multitask, high emotional intelligence, & strong critical thinking will make you flourish in this role. If this sounds like you, we would love for you to join the 1stdibs family.
What youll do
- Be an exceptional 1stdibs brand ambassador to customers, vendors, internal partners & stakeholders by embodying one of our core values, Create beautiful experiences.
- Take responsibility for Gallery functionality from an operational standpoint - own back of house tasks, gallery processes & registrar activities such as maintaining gallery data & tagging new merchandise
- Manage all operations related to the building space such as coordination of freight elevator use with vendors & exhibitors, filing of COIs, monitoring of tasks through the buildings centralized work tool & monitoring/reordering stock levels & supplies
- Pick, pack, & ship outbound customer orders that ship via parcel
- Coordinate pickup of outbound customer orders that ship via white glove delivery
- Oversee general housekeeping & upkeep of gallery spaces - front & back of house
- Maintain the Gallery calendar including but not limited to: events, exhibitor visits, client appointments, pickups/deliveries, restorations, & repairs etc
- Support the Gallery staff with sales & service & partner with HQ as needed
What youll bring
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of operations experience in a retail setting & a functional knowledge of interiors/furniture or design-focused business
- A self-directed nature, task-oriented mindset, & an innate desire to problem-solve
- Exceptional organization, keen attention to detail, & the ability to juggle multiple moving pieces in a dynamic, quickly evolving environment
- A data-driven & analytical approach to problem-solving & prioritizing with proven follow through, speed & accuracy
- A relentless passion for providing the highest level of service & a willingness to go above & beyond in order to ensure a magical client experience
- A passion for continued learning & feedback & a desire to grow with the company
- Ability to routinely move objects weighing more than 25 lbs & to understand safety requirements
- Ability to maneuver effectively around the gallery floor, stock room & office
- Position entails prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, bending & climbing
This role will follow 1stdibs Gallery hours which will be between 9:30 am - 6:30 pm, Monday to Friday. However, flexibility to come in earlyor stay late will be required depending on the day & business needs. Ability to work select evenings & weekends for events is required.
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion, & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.