About the Role
We are hiring a seasoned sales leader to grow business in the Houston region of the United States. In this role, you will prospect & engage with senior decision makers in Information Security & Risk teams within large enterprise organizations. As a Field Sales Director you will call on accounts at senior levels, have excellent personal relationships in Security & Risk functions, & engage collaboratively with our prospects & customers to present the value of the SecurityScorecard solution. You will report to our VP of Sales West.
The position involves both phone/web & frequent face to face value selling, & is approximately 30-40% travel oriented. When not onsite at a customer, you will be based locally within your assigned region.
If you have sold large-ticket enterprise security or risk software, we'd find your experience valuable. Previous SaaS experience is also a plus. This position is an opportunity for you to join a growing team & help expand our business & customer footprint.
- Manage sales strategy & territory plan for penetrating & closing net new opportunities in large enterprise accounts
- Build & maintain strong ties with up, down & across target organizations
- Develop, initiate & execute sales plan for individual target accounts
- Provide weekly opportunity status updates & accurate forecast to management
- Consistently exceed quarterly revenue targets
- Partner closely with Channel partners & Channel Account Managers to drive net pipeline growth & accelerate deal velocity
Apply if the following sounds mostly like you!
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise software sales with a focus on hunter roles & new customer acquisition & pipeline growth
- 5+ years of experience working in the cyber security sales space
- Outstanding track record of success managing enterprise accounts & opportunities to closure, consistent over-attainment of quotas >$1M annual revenue
- Strong network of established relationships with key industry contacts in the assigned territory
- Extremely organized, effective oral & written communicator
- Self Starter, able to work effectively with a distributed team
- SaaS experience a plus
- Demonstrated technical aptitude in cybersecurity
- Previous success in early stage company growing a territory & exceeding sales goals
SecurityScorecard's SaaS based platform enables enterprises to instantly rate & understand the security risk of companies, non-intrusively & from an outside-in perspective. We use an A-F rating scale. Companies with a C, D or F rating are 5 times more likely to be breached or face compliance penalties than companies with an A or B rating. Our platform is used by hundreds of customers for use-cases including self monitoring, vendor risk management, cyber insurance, board reporting, & M&A.
Headquartered in New York City, we are funded by top investors like Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, NGP, Moodys, Intel, & others. Our vision is to create a new language for companies & their partners to communicate, understand, & improve each others security posture.
Superior Service - After working with other vendors, customers point to SecurityScorecards customer service as the number one reason for moving to the platform.
Platform Performance - Our platform is designed to be transparent & collaborative, enabling security teams & vendors to work together - vendors can access the platform at no cost
The Best Data Available - Its the intelligence behind the score that matters most. Security ratings are only as good as the data & attribution that support them. SecurityScorecard data is gathered via nonintrusive collection techniques. And were continuously adding new data sources; the most recent additions deliver more insights on Endpoint Security, Network Security, Patching Cadence, & IP Reputation (Malware & Spam). Owning a majority of the data & the collection process is essential for data validation, accurate attribution, & elimination of noise & false positives. No other competitor can make this claim.
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring & retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, & perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit & do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.