FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, & leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, & TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, DRAFT, & TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states & 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, & Scotland.
About the role
You will be responsible for leading the team & the overall management of the sportsbook in the absence of the General Manager. As an Assistant Manager, you will motivate the team to excel in a fast-paced environment & create a memorable experience for Fanduel customers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Leading a Team
- Take responsibility for the running of the sportsbook in the absence of the General Manager.
- Provide guidance & feedback to the sportsbook team to get them working to a high standard together.
- You deal with tough situations in a calm & professional manner, role modeling this behavior to others
- Lead regular team meetings in the absence of the shop manager & motivating the team to actively engage in these meetings.
- Gather data on customer feedback & comments on the floor regarding their experiences in Fanduel sportsbook.
- Ensure that the sportsbook team are delivering the brand offer to the customer.
- Build strong relationships with customers & creating an experience that the customer would repeatedly come back to.
- Manage our Customer Service team, who is responsible for online signups, sheets, SSBT monitoring, customer interaction, screens & access to the VIP area.
- Ensure that any internal & external incidents are immediately reported to the correct authorities.
- Ensure that all staff are adhering to the compliance policies & procedures that are put in place.
- Ensure that the correct cash control systems are being followed & take responsibility for rectifying any issues should they occur.
- Carefully monitoring all monitored customers & ensuring that the team is fully engaged in the MCR process at all times.
- Assist the General Manager in identifying high & low performing aspects of the sportsbook & developing a strategy focusing on performance growth.
- Leading the team in implementing new promotions & initiatives within the sportsbook to try & drive market growth
What you get in return
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning & development opportunities
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- 401K plan
- Attractive healthcare coverage
There's more, but we don't want to go on & on.
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.