ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm makes it easier to live a smarter life. We are redefining how to build products that fit into routines, & we take a user-centric, collaborative approach while doing so. Our inaugural product The Daily Skimm is the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, with an engaged community of well over 7 million subscribers & an industry-crushing open rate. Our suite of products has grown to three podcasts, a premium website, our Skimm App, & so much more. Through our suite of products, we are disrupting routines & information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things.
The Brand Strategy team at theSkimm is a group of experienced, creative & resourceful hustlers who are relentless in their pursuit to grow the number of amazing brands & clients we partner with. Were seeking an enthusiastic Junior Brand Strategist who is eager to contribute to our growing media business by working cross-functionally on pre-sale strategy & RFP response.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
The team plays an integral role in the development of sponsored marketing programs across theSkimms product suite, custom content-focused pitches for our partners, & sales enablement materials. As a Junior Brand Strategist, you will:
- Assist in the development, ideation & strategic thinking of best-in-class marketing solutions for theSkimms strategic advertising partners
- Organize brainstorms, meetings agendas, & manage gathering/organizing the information from our brainstorms
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to brainstorm concepts for a variety of brands in response to proactive & RFP-based client requests
- Advise on media plans & pricing structure for advertising campaigns
- Assist in the creation, organization, & dissemination of ad hoc sales marketing materials that could include editorial sponsorship packages, product one-sheets, case studies, & insights decks
- Be the liaison between the creative, sales, & design teams to gather information needed for pre-sale
- Provide support for members of the brand strategy & internal sales team
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 2-4 years in a sales strategy or integrated marketing role with a focus on building cross-platform, content-lead, digital marketing programs
- Experience with Keynote & Powerpoint
- Experience with comScore & leveraging audience data to set up a campaign/tell a story
- Strategic, enthusiastic, creative thinker with the ability to work under pressure to meet both internal & external deadlines
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with different stakeholders across the organization
- Ability to manage & prioritize multiple deliverables
- Highly motivated self-starter that is extremely detail oriented
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Keen understanding of the nuances of branded content
- Knowledge of theSkimm brand & our products
- Design-minded with the ability to create succinct, effective presentations
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.