Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africas most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, & Kampala, & Kigali, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Sales Director to grow our sales teams at scale. This is a unique opportunity because Andela sells a complex service that requires both technical savvy & deep human empathy.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Manage a team of up to 8 sales executives
- Manage daily & weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts & closed deals to ensure consistent above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Develop & execute a strategic sales plan into mid-market & enterprise companies with a focus on double digit growth Q/Q
- Refine, measure & optimize a repeatable sales process to successfully achieve the targeted sales KPIs
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, & annual revenue numbers based on expertise in qualification & sales process review
- Create a team culture thats positive, motivating, & performance-driven
- Sell to the CTOs senior leaders
- Partner with the Sales Development team on creating pipeline of new prospects for Account Executives
- Developing account plans for the client/territory segment vertical.
- Keeping a constantly strategic lens on our supply of engineering talent, working closely with our developer recruiters to ensure that our recruiting efforts yield the right number & mix of talent for partner engagements.
- Thriving in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where the only thing constant is change!
- Strong experience selling consultative solutions/professional services to C-level executives in the mid-market & enterprise segment
- Experience developing & implementing go-to-market sales plans & territory strategy
- 10+ years of B2B Sales, 5+ years in leadership roles.
- Strong track record of quota individual & team quota attainment
- A passion for sales coaching, & developing early & mid-career sales professionals
- Can succeed in an entrepreneurial environment. Enjoys taking initiative & problem solving with imperfect information
- Experience managing longer sales cycles independently & effectively, from origination through engagement management.
- Exceptional solutioning & problem-solving skills. Experience crafting client solutions from scratch based on a fundamental understanding of their needs.
- Proven ability to collaborate & influence across organizational boundaries within a highly matrixed sales organization. Effective as an individual contributor & as part of a broader team.
- High-impact communication & presentation skills.
- Superb time-management, organizational, & project-management skills.
- Understands key financial concepts like profit & loss, gross & net margin, & pricing.
- Travel 25-40% of the time, including potential trips to Africa
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people & technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends & family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe youre a good fit & well be in touch.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.