Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It's the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. More info here
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, is dedicated to building the core Blockstack protocols & developer platform. Blockstack PBC's mission is to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information & computation.
Blockstack PBC is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across Hong Kong, Gambia, Barcelona, Toronto, & Seattle.
We're looking for a Head of Open Source to increase development in our open source community.In
this role you will interface with the Blockstack PBC engineers, developers building decentralized apps, & most importantly the broader open-source community to prioritize feature development of our open source software. You will lay the groundwork in strategy & implementation to motivate 1000s of engineers to open PRs that improve the Blockstack codebase.
- Be responsible for the development of all ecosystem projects/repositories that are not explicitly maintained by Blockstack PBC engineers & are developed by the broader open-source community.
- Be a critical liaison between our development community & internal engineering team.
- Introduce engineering processes that engagement our open source community & increase number of pull requests across repositories.
- Ensure that the Blockstack open-source software meets criteria of Blockstack engineering quality & values; we go above & beyond the call of duty to protect Blockstack users.
- Increase our open source engagement, shape & drive open source metrics
- Assist the Blockstack community with difficult to answer architecture & engineering questions, & provide senior engineering problem solving guidance.
- Work closely with the Blockstack PBC CEO & Head of Engineering to shape the roadmap of Blockstack software.
- 5+ years development experience & a strong open source portfolio
-Built OSS that produces code at a scale many times larger than your internal team.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Desire to work in a transparent open-source structure with many contributors(not reporting to you).
- A formal training in CS & can take a deep dive on design decisions with core engineers.
- Familiarity with crypto protocols & blockchains or a strong passion to learn this rapidly developing technology.
- Passion for enabling fundamental digital rights for all internet users.