Here at Zola, were seeking an exceptional Business Manager, Core Experience to help drive our fast-growing wedding platform. Were looking for a collaborative, scrappy, analytical problem-solver who can help grow this game-changing new opportunity. Youll report directly to the GM of Core Experience, & youll partner closely with Product, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Data & many other teams at Zola.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of success in roles at growing companies, ideally at a tech or consumer startup. You love both building & optimizing, & both strategizing & doing. You are a structured & creative thinker, able to toggle easily between the big themes & the little details. You love data & customer insights, you are equally comfortable in Excel & Powerpoint, & you can prove your ability to learn new systems quickly. And you love working with kind, smart colleagues who share a commitment to putting the customer first!
Youll be responsible for:
- Deeply understanding our customer & thinking creatively about how to serve them better
- Conducting & analyzing customer research; sharing insights widely within the team & company
- Collaborating with Product to identify new features, offerings, & opportunities based on your research
- Partnering as needed with Marketing & Business Development as they develop messaging, campaigns, & partnerships
- Guiding the teams growth strategy & focus areas through data-driven insights
- Defining, developing, refining the teams KPIs
- Building ambitious plans for the business unity, then analyzing & reporting on performance against our KPIs
- Deeply understanding whats working & not working; digging into complex/ambiguous data to surface actionable insights & strategies
- Conducting business & financial analysis of new offerings/ideas
- Being the business authority during prioritization discussions
- Owning execution of key pieces of the teams growth strategy
- Leading cross-functional teams on projects to help us grow
- Defining the structure for & managing complex projects / test & timelines through to execution
- 3+ years of professional experience in a fast-paced environment working in strategy, finance, bizops, growth, consulting, or another related field
- Startup or other operating experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional business & customer experience judgment
- Superior written & verbal communication skills; presents effectively to a senior audience
- Excellent quantitative & Excel skills; familiarity with SQL is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize & manage competing tasks in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment
- Ability to build business relationships across functional teams
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. Were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, & we have offices in Charlottesville & Montreal. Come work with us!