Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Associate, Delegated Vendors to join our National P&L team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Market P+L teams manage the growth & business economics of their regions. The team grows a set of relationships across our network of health systems, providers, & other healthcare organizations. The team strives to construct & improve Oscars system, facility, & provider agreements, infrastructures, & relationships to ensure that our strategic vision, operational standards, partner quality goals, & financial interests are reflected in our network partnerships.
Within the P&L group, the Delegated Vendor Management team is responsible for managing relationships with key delegated vendors across multiple clinical categories (dental, vision, MA supplemental benefits) & business lines (MA, individual, small group).
You will be accountable for supporting the business operations & relationship management for a group of core delegated partners, as well as day-to-day project management & process improvement.
You will report into the Manager, National P&L.
- Develop expertise in our delegated vendor operations & how they impact our cost & member experience.
- Prepare analysis as necessary on member issues, vendor landscape, contract terms (e.g. exclusivity), regulatory mandates & how these aspects impact growth, profitability, & risk for Oscar
- Interface as needed with partner contacts on insurance operations like claims, utilization management, & network adequacy,
- Partner with internal teams such as Strategy, Finance, Analytics, Value Capture, Care Management, Government Affairs, Product, Concierge, & other regional teams to drive results for key strategic initiatives for you categories
- Help assess short-term & long-term partner performance against targets & prepare reports for key Oscar stakeholders
- Understand the key data & reports from your delegated network partners & work with our team to identify trends that could be used to improve these partnerships
- Help implement improvement opportunities to further develop & scale delegated partner operations
- Develop a broad & deep understanding of your delegated partners & the markets they operate in
- 2+ years experience in related field
- A bachelors degree
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in data analysis & presentation development
- Experience in a client-facing role a plus
- Experience with vendor management in the healthcare industry experience a plus
- Experience working with Medicare Advantage products a plus
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.