Foursquare is the leading independent location technology & data cloud platform, dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces & physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, & achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquares location tech stack is being utilized by the worlds largest enterprises & most recognizable brands.
Foursquares flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact & drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest & real-world behavior patterns (Places & Visits), & tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification & visualization (Unfolded Studio).
About the role:
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Business Analytics, the Business Analytics Senior Analyst will be responsible for conducting data-driven analysis to assist the company in deciding on, implementing & achieving its strategic objectives.
You will be exposed to a wide array of initiatives simultaneously & will need to be able to work independently across different teams. You will need to distill & simplify large & complex problems quickly, working through internal & external data sets, & generating insights to present findings clearly & concisely to a broad audience, including the executive team.
You will play a highly impactful & visible role in helping influence & shape business strategy at Foursquare!
Responsibilities of the role:
- Collaborate with leaders in our Product, Marketing, & GTM organizations to help drive critical business insights by gathering, reviewing & synthesizing data, & assist in creation of strategy for FSQ achieve its vision & growth goals
- Conduct market research on competitors in similar & adjacent markets & maintain pulse on prevailing/winning industry trends, including evaluating their impacts
- Create clear & compelling materials to demonstrate both qualitative & quantitative analysis & formulate recommendations through as aligned with objectives of senior leadership, including creation of dynamic operational, market & financial models
- Utilize critical thinking skills to plan & execute analyses required, including but not limited to business case ROI, price increase impacts, product launch impacts, market trends & customer lifetime value among others
- Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- Minimum of 3 years work experience, with background in consulting or finance (e.g. investment banking, private equity, transaction diligence or management consulting) or prior experience in Strategy / Business Operations / Business Analytics experience in high growth Software, Platform and/or XaaS environments
- Fluent in Excel & proficient in extracting & analyzing data from BI tools & CRM systems
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills, detail-oriented, project management skills & effectively work with cross-functional teams including Product, Finance, Sales, Legal
- Highly motivated & excited by big challenges, capable of diving in & quickly developing thoughtful approaches to drive better business decisions & outcomes
- Organized with ability to balance multiple projects & priorities & effectively communicate goals & objectives
- Strong communication & organizational skills with the ability to translate complex data analyses into clear & compelling narratives for an executive audience
Nice to have:
- Fluency in relevant corporate finance, financial operations, & accounting concepts & ability to apply concepts, principles & procedures to day to day decision making
- Experience with value based pricing approach & pricing research / analytical methodologies
- MBA or Master's degree in a management, scientific, technical or engineering field
Perks & benefits:
- Learning & development programs from individual contributors to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest & recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive & competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware & internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot & Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.