Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers & students around the world. Through Kiva Capital, we serve as a bridge between large scale impact first investors & underserved populations. Our digital identity platform enables borrowers who dont have a track record with traditional financial institutions to record & verify their financial history & gain access to less costly mainstream financial markets.
Our organization combines the culture & technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion & empathy of a non-profit to create impact & opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.57 billion in loan capital for 3.9 million borrowers in 98 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, & Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees & 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
Impact first - This is why we exist. This is the drumbeat we march to. Every day.
Extreme ownership - Own it; you, your relationships, your impact. Insist that others support you & hold you accountable.
Be curious & bold - Never stop learning. Question assumptions. Take Risks & dream big.
Inclusion. Equity. Diversity. - Without reservation & without caveat. In our hiring, in our workplace & in our impact in the world.
Honor & integrity - Do the most right thing in the most right way. Cherish diversity & respect each other.
Love & kindness always - Say what you mean. Mean what you say. And don't say it, mean it. Clarity. Courage. Kindness.
An integral member of Kiva's dynamic Strategic Partnerships (SP) team, the right candidate will be excited to roll up their sleeves to manage & expand strategic partnerships & relationships with foundations, ultimately leading to philanthropic investments & engagement in one of Kivas core strategies -- Kiva Capital, Kiva Protocol, & Kivas crowdfunding Marketplace, Kiva.org. Your energy & direct efforts will result in securing relationship revenue through strong partnership development & matchmaking opportunities for grant funding & stewarding partnerships. The position will report to the Vice President, Strategic Partnerships.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Source & maintain relationships with 50+ foundation organizations with a goal of raising $4M+ in grants and/or contracts towards each fiscal year in support for one of three business strategies
- Serve as lead translator & internal communicator for the business line strategy (Capital, Marketplace or Protocol) with the Strategic Partnerships team.
- Coordinate & work closely with the other 2 Foundation Officers responsible for developing relationships for their respective business line strategy.
- Generate new potential through prospect research, targeted outreach, & active participation in relevant networks such as financial inclusion, corporate social responsibility, international development, fintech, technology for social purpose, refugee support, & international womens development.
- Manage all external & internal communications as it pertains to your portfolio: memos, letters of intent, grant writing, & ongoing reporting to ensure timeliness & high-quality relationships for Kiva.
- Maintain accurate salesforce database & relationship development records & information utilizing the moves management system.
- Represent Kiva externally with poise & professionalism & exercise the judgment to know when other Kivan knowledge partners are needed.
- Serve internally as an SP team captain or lead for program information flows.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; adept at using PowerPoint, Word, & Excel, as well as Slack & other business tools
- Excellent listening skills
- Collaborative approach to working with internal teams across Kiva in order to coordinate & serve as translator & champion
- Comfortable juggling stakeholders timelines, requests & driving deliverables
- Track record of building & securing six-figure grants & donations from foundations and/or working with wealth managers/DAFs
- Experience working with databases, specifically Salesforce
- Must be independent & trustworthy to own & manage relationships, while also being a team player. Ability to communicate with a broad set of stakeholders
- Results & detail-oriented, extremely organized, & able to multitask
- Experience living or working internationally, particularly in a developing country context
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization(s), specifically in a non-profit development role or for-profit sales experience, with a significant portion of your past portfolio(s) including working with corporations.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, & change the world
- Friendly, supportive, & adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with & learn from colleagues & partners around the world
- Position can be located in San Francisco, New York, Portland or Remote
- Colorado salary range: $75K - $85K
A diverse & inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer & a great place to work. Join us & help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.