Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand globally, shaping the perception of our platform, while driving growth. The Integrated Marketing team provides strategic guidance, executes a number of initiatives out in the wild, & recommends best practices across a number of marketing functions. We partner with the entire marketing organization & cross-functionally, helping to drive performance & meet organizational goals & objectives.
The Senior Manager, SEO is responsible for the SEO strategy & implementation of Mailchimp.com. In this role you will support the SEO & larger web team to optimize SEO performance of website - improve traffic, decrease SEM spend & increase conversion/revenue. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to provide SEO guidance & oversight to all pages created. Key responsibilities include researching & recommending keywords, & influencing creation of content to generate new & updated pages that are SEO optimized from launch.
In this role you should have experience in helping support SEO strategies for multiple domains. International experience is a plus. You have strong working knowledge of current & emerging SEO best practices as well as the ability to make & implement recommendations from technical & content audits. You thrive in collaborative cross-functional teams, you've built & managed experienced teams, & you have a drive for continuous optimization & improvement.
What you'll do here:
- You will develop the short-term & long-term SEO strategies for all Mailchimp domains, working closely with both domestic & international partners
- Work with leadership to build & deliver an SEO roadmap that reinforces our marketing & company goals for the website
- Oversee & coordinate team on day-to-day SEO tasks & projects
- Ensure a careful balance of on page & off page optimization, including content generation & link building
- Clear understanding of search algorithms & properly leveraging these facets in the SEO strategy
- Work with the Marketing Analytics team to develop the appropriate measurement & reporting of all organic traffic & sales (conversions) across all Mailchimp properties & page types
- Work across the marketing org & web engineers (website marketing, paid channels, owned channels, programmatic channels) to prioritize & deliver optimize program effectiveness
- Provide training to content, product, & development teams on an ongoing basis
- Continually provide feedback & work with the content & product teams to develop content that boosts optimization
- Determine what technologies are required to develop SEO strategies & goals
- Serve as a liaison with software engineers & developers to create new tools
- Stay up to date with industry trends & inform Mailchimp stakeholders on any required changes
- Recommend & implement A/B & multivariate tests to increase conversions on landing pages & website pages
- Consistently provide actionable feedback to the appropriate stakeholders
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 8+years of SEO experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications or Business Management with a strong understanding of technical SEO or BA/BS in Engineering or related technical field
- Preference for a combination of experience in B2B (Lead Generation) & B2C (E-commerce) SEO
- Prefer experience in managing multiple websites. International background is a plus.
- Familiarity with website systems, architectures, languages & platforms, including LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), .NET,ASP, Java, JSP, etc. A background that includes website development is a plus
- Experience with link building & proper usage while representing the Mailchimp brand
- Ability to educate, communicate, & present to team members at various levels within the organization
- Prefer experience in the technology space; SaaS & E-Commerce industries is a plus.
- Proficient in Web Analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Strong understanding of web development & design as it pertains to search engine algorithms
- Strong prioritization skills
- Excellent project management skills & ability to align efforts across multiple departments
- Very strong organization, problem solving, & interpersonal skills
- Self starter that is comfortable initiating & leading efforts, projects & programs
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.