Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep productsincluding mattresses, pillows, bedding, & furnituredesigned in-house by the Companys award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns & operates Sleep Shops across North America & its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
Casper is seeking a highly motivated, analytical, & operationally-minded individual with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience to join its Finance Team as Manager, Wholesale Customer Compliance & Chargebacks. This individual will report into the Senior Director, Accounting & own the chargeback process, working collaboratively with a range of cross-functional partners, specifically our Wholesale & Logistics/Operations teams.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do:
- Supervise & direct chargebacks by ensuring daily production of claims processing, & timely write offs against accruals established
- Work cross functionally to help manage chargeback compliance meetings working with Wholesale & Logistics to identify & fix root causes
- Work with the Accounts Receivable, FP&A, & Accounting to develop a chargeback roll forward to assess monthly chargeback reserves required vs accruals established.
- Help evaluate & develop meaningful KPI's to track & manage chargeback activity & resolution
- Own credit memos, marketing expenses, invoices & deductions, & track allowances
- Utilize partners portals to assess chargebacks
- Maintain & manage inter-departmental relationships as well as with outside customers/vendors to oversee chargeback collection process
- Work with IT to create appropriate chargeback reports inclusive of all outstanding chargebacks, including appropriate reason codes for each chargeback
- Capture chargebacks & contractual obligations & dispute line item by item, assigning responsibility to appropriate parties
- Oversee chargeback coding process to ensure appropriate reason codes as defined are being used
- Lead cross functional chargeback status meetings to review chargebacks & status of collections
- Work with third party collections agency (e.g. Altus, Amazon Experts, etc.) to coordinate collection of receivables
Our dream candidate has
- Worked in a wholesale customer compliance capacity for 5+ years
- Familiar with customer collections portals (e.g. Amazon, Costco, Target, Wal-mart, etc.) & experience managing team to execute collections process
- Experience with ERP systems (JD Edwards is preferred)
- Detail oriented - Exercise extreme attention to detail; is accurate, organized, & productive
- Good judgment - Exercise critical thinking, analyzing, & taking ownership of outcomes
- Advanced experience & competency working with Excel
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, & problem-solving skills
- Planning & organizational skills to balance & prioritize work
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles)
- Unlimited vacation policy. We believe in the power of rest so take the time you need to recharge.
- Work from Anywhere program where you can work anywhere around the world for up to 4 weeks per year
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!
Pursuant to the Companys COVID-19 mitigation protocols, individuals must show documented proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, subject to applicable state & local laws & legally required exemptions, including a medical condition, disability or sincerely-held religious belief. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to the vaccination requirement in accordance with applicable law.