At WeWork, data sits in the center of our business, providing insights into the effectiveness of our physical & digital product & features. We believe data brings everything together & it is the only way we make decisions.
As a Data Engineer focused on Real Estate & Development Technology, you will build robust ETL pipelines & data models which power the products that enable WeWork to deliver more high-quality locations on time & within budget.
Who you are:
You're a data engineer with extensive experience designing, implementing data solutions for various business challenges, & leading database & data warehousing initiatives.
You're motivated to enable & collaboration with engineering, data science, machine learning, & product teams to take on the most challenging business needs of a hyper-growth business.
- Build well-structured data models, using the right tool for the job
- Implement systems tracking data quality & consistency
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL)
- Provide analysts & data scientists with technical support related to data modeling
- Work closely with infrastructure teams on design & implementation of data solutions
- Work with various team & executive stakeholders to define mission-critical metrics & key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Drive training on metrics & self-service data platforms to enable a stronger data culture
- Own & provide BI development tools for internal use
- Help implement & maintain a comprehensive data dictionary
We are after individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, & have a great track record. In addition to strong analytical & quantitative skills, you should have:
- 4+ years functional experience in a data engineering or business intelligence role
- Proficient in data modeling & systems design skills
- Proficient in any flavor of SQL
- Proficient in at least one scripting language (ideally Python)
- Experience building & maintaining robust ETL pipelines
- Experience with version control with Git or other VCS
- Experience in at least one of our BI platforms (Looker & Tableau)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to collaborate with data scientists & software engineers, as well as with non-technical business users
Nice To Haves
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Apache Airflow, Spark
- You enjoy telling a compelling story with data
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data & technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster & smarter, & ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings.
Our state of the art technologies & dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 200 in just over eight years.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.