As a Cloud Security Engineer at Namely, you will be responsible for driving solutions to enhance the security & reliability of the Namely platform that over 1,000 companies use to manage their employees & payroll. You will design, develop, deploy, manage, & support cloud platform tools, frameworks, & services. You will also be a critical part of scaling operations through automation & rigorous security engineering practices. This is a hands-on position where you will work with the Engineering teams to identify security challenges & enable the safe & continuous delivery of innovative features to production. You will work in an open & collaborative environment, receive hands-on mentorship, & have ample opportunities to grow & accelerate your career.
- Configure & secure cloud infrastructure.
- Design, develop, maintain, & support Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) frameworks, tools, services, & libraries leveraging public cloud infrastructures (AWS).
- Develop automation tools & frameworks for on-demand deployment environments, application definition, infrastructure provisioning, & microservices management.
- Create, set up, & run performance tests & security assessments of Namelys software to help determine optimal hosting configurations.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, & Security teams to deliver a comprehensive, secure solution. Perform code reviews, design reviews, & provide constant feedback to teams.
- Evaluate new tools & technologies through POCs & propose solutions for implementation.
- Experience automating, maintaining, & securing infrastructure in Amazon Web Services.
- Strong experience with microservices architectures & containerization, in one or more containers & container orchestration frameworks: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS, Amazon EKS, etc.
- Experience in one or more server-side programming languages (e.g. Ruby, C#, Python, Java, Go).
- Experience with configuration management using system orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Chef, or Puppet.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of one or more of Infrastructure-as-Code tools & technologies: Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Packer, etc.
- Strong experience in building platform-level shared libraries, frameworks, components, tools, & services.
- Exceptional understanding of key security concepts, technologies, & processes.
- Passion for collaboration & strong communication skills.
- Excellent ability to multitask & prioritize effectively with minimal supervision.
Nice to Have:
- Technical security certifications: EC-Council, ISC2 (CISSP), SANS GIAC, OSCP etc.
- AWS certifications
- Previous work experience at a startup or in the HR/Financial space
Namely is the first HR, payroll, & benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we dofrom our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company & every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use & love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional & voluntary, & none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.