Datalot is building some of the most innovative online advertising technology for the insurance industry. We are currently looking for Director, Information Security to join our Brooklyn (NY) team, ensuring all security & compliance measures are met across the business. This includes SOC2 Type II compliance as a primary focus & implementing, managing, & enforcing information security directives from a top-down approach. If you are excited to work for a fast-growing industry leader with a lot of career growth opportunities, join us!
Given the current state of the COVID-19, this role will start off as a work-from-home position & then transition to work in-office.
What you will be working on
- Champion of security, educating & bringing greater awareness to the importance of security to all departments of the company
- Responsible for managing the overall Risk Management Program, identifying the key business objectives, determining the organization's risk tolerance, & overseeing the identification & response to risks
- Work closely with Datalot's legal & compliance team to implement, manage, & enforce information security directives as mandated by compliance regulations & legal obligations
- Oversee incident response to include reporting, classification, & escalation, along with all necessary documentation & tracking accordingly
- Oversee implementation of the security & control environment to ensure it meets regulatory & contractual requirements
- Any additional security and/or compliance-related initiatives as needed
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience in an Information Security role, overseeing & driving respective security & compliance initiatives
- CISSP and/or CIPP Certification
- Previous experience with SOC2 Type II highly desired
- Previous experience with HIPAA regulations highly desired
- Ability to work autonomously, collaborating with key individuals across the business
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills
Generous paid time off - 15 days your first year (which bumps to 20 days after 3 years, & 25 days after 5 years) on top of paid holidays & sick days
We've got you covered - Datalot pays for 100% of your medical coverage for the Core Medical Plan for both you & your family; plus a range of other benefits -- dental, vision, & life insurance; short-term & long-term disability; commuter benefits; & 401k with company match
A great family-friendly work environment
Fun office culture & team activities
Weekly catered lunches, monthly breakfasts, & a well-stocked kitchen
Datalot is building some of the most innovative online advertising technology for the insurance industry. As it turns out, it's also fun, exciting & rewarding! We work with an insane amount of real-time data, & we see the performance & results of our platform almost immediately - all day, every day.
Founded in 2009, & funded by some of the most respected investors in technology development, our applications & services are relied upon by thousands of clients from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies. With a team of 100+ employees, we have offices in Brooklyn, NY (DUMBO); Denver, CO; & South Florida.
Datalot is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.