About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Senior Director of Strategic Sourcing to join our Innovation + Operations Team. The Innovation + Operations team operationalizes the Daily Harvest mission from conception to delivery. We ideate & bring our food to life. We source ingredients & build supply chains, we create sustainable packaging solutions, ensure food safety, & instill production capabilities that benefit our customers, our partners, & our planet. All of this is done to ensure on-time deliveries & a perfect experience for our customers.
The Senior Director of Strategic Sourcing will be a critical leader within our organization, helping us live our values driving impact beyond transactional procurement practices. This will include building upon our foundation of direct-to-farmer supply chain development, Individually Quick Frozen (IQF) technology & partnerships, & operational procurement for ingredients & packaging. We are looking for an experienced, mission-driven supply chain expert who is interested in helping us deliver on our operational & sustainability goals. This leader will have the remit to build new & impactful supply chains within the Organic & Transitional Organic markets driving results for both Daily Harvest & our supplier base. In addition, this leader will have the opportunity to lead a high performing team of category managers & business analysts to develop negotiation strategies, drive scale & optimization across the business, & support our exciting innovation pipeline.
What youll do:
- Collaborate with the Director of Sustainability to develop, operationalize, & lead the development of new supply chains, including a robust Transitional Organic program to support our Operational & Sustainability goals. This will include the identification, nurturing, & management of farmer partnerships & the end-to-end supply chain for IQF processing.
- Develop & implement a strategic sourcing process for our direct ingredients & packaging spend, creating an iterative process that continuously improves our purchasing power & creates value for our customers, partners, business, & the environment
- Direct oversight of our category managers to execute the operational procurement program to drive scale, cost optimization, & innovation
- Develop a robust procurement analytics process which leverages market, supplier, product & historical consumption data & analyses to drive continuous improvement & identify opportunities for cost reduction while also reaching towards our sustainability goals
- Cultivate a high performing team by mentoring & developing business analysts as they support the strategic sourcing process for our categories end-to-end
- Oversee & develop a comprehensive procurement supplier/contract management processes to promote agility in purchasing
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement through effective project management, use of retrospectives & by identifying new capabilities & processes that drive efficiency & improve our cost basis
Who you are:
- 8+ years of experience in procurement & sourcing, consulting experience preferred
- BA/BS degree in business, supply chain or related discipline, CPM certification a plus, MBA a plus
- A mission driven sourcing expert who believes in the power of Organic & regenerative agriculture
- Someone with a clear understanding of procurement sourcing best practices, especially in balancing business needs with sustainability values
- An expert negotiator who has handled multi-million dollar contract negotiations by following/developing a strategic sourcing process, professional training in negotiation practices a plus
- A creative problem solver with a process improvement mindset
- A data-driven decision maker who is passionate about bringing that mentality to their team
- A strong leader with a proven track record of managing large & diverse teams of both direct & indirect reports
- Detail-oriented You possess strong organizational skills & consistently demonstrate a methodical approach to all your work
- Agile You thrive in fast-paced & dynamic environments & are willing to get deep into the weeds where needed
- A strong communicator who can easily communicate complex solutions cross functionally & to upper management
- A successful track record of value creation from data-driven insights in sourcing, supply chain or operations management
- Vast knowledge & interest in strategic sourcing & continuous improvement processes with demonstrated experience in spend analysis, managing sourcing events, & generating value through sourcing
- Strong quantitative & analytical experience (either through education or professional experience), including expertise with G-Suite, Excel & procurement systems
- Flexibility to travel (up to 25%)
- Flexibility to work weekends when required (2-3 times per quarter)
- Fluency in Microsoft Office & Google Suite applications
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.