Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics.The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease,Guardant Healthhas launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The primary role of the Director, Medical Affairs (DMA)is to lead the development of a medical affairs strategy, framework, & plan for the early-stage cancer program (Lunar).
This individual will develop medical affairs strategies across tumor types, consistent with the overall strategic goals for the early-stage cancer program, to increase scientific awareness of the program, build key opinion leader relationships & champions, advance & lead the review of investigator-sponsored trials (ISTs), lead the publication strategy to support the clinical value of the Lunar program.
The DMA will shepherd the non-sponsored studies & publication strategies in support of additional clinical evidence to achieve positive guideline & physician adoption, & payer coverage as the program matures.The DMA plays a major role in abstract & publication creation, & in the development & creation of physician educational slides to be deployed in focused events (such as academic grand rounds or Continuing Medical Education (CME) lectures), & in training speakers/educators. S/he will build a team focused on strategic partnerships with NCI-designated cancer centers & large community-based oncology groups with clinical trials capabilities.
The DMA will be effective at translating data from IST research projects & disseminating key information through publications, & presentations at national meetings, CME & educational activities. The role of the DMA position also involves supporting the Lunar matrix team including clinical development, technology development, commercial, outcomes & evidence, managed care, & other key stakeholders & Guardant executives. The DMA for Lunarrole responsibilitieswill include but not limited to building/managing a team, strategic initiative & collaboration with other senior Guardant executives, & construction of studies & publications roadmaps that achieve corporate objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify, develop and/or maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with premier cancer center KOL champions, to promote understanding & adoption of our novel diagnostic technologies.
- In partnership with the key internal & external stakeholders, identify & support strategic partnerships that include report interpretation & registry support, & development of pertinent abstracts & publications based on registry data.
- Critically review & develop education slides based on new publications & research findings
- Support on-site oral presentations, data reviews, & interactive education events for KOLs, also known as deep dive” or VIP” visits to Guardant Health.
- Synopsize & educate key personnel regarding emerging abstracts & publications relevant to molecular testing.
- Assist the VP of Clinical development & the Medical Director(s) in agenda planning & meeting facilitation of Clinical Advisory Board(s).
- Identify & help draft study protocols & publication plans, including drafting/first authoring of multiple abstracts & publications with external KOL coauthors.
- Provide strategic direction to the Medical Science Liaisons & Clinical Oncology Specialist teams to develop KOL champions at NCI centers & large oncology group strategic partners as it pertains to Lunar strategy & messaging.
- Lead in major investigator-initiated, multicenter studies that expand our indications through validation & outcomes assessment.
- Terminal degree in a scientific field of study (Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or Master's Level with academic equivalent such as Associate Professor position).
- Clinical expertise or related experience in relevant specialties is highly desirable. Minimum of 7+ years of healthcare experience in the diagnostic, pharmaceutical, or biotech industry.
- Experience working with experts at academic medical centers to build consensus around new products and/or services.
- Skilled team builder/manager.
- Successful publication as primary author or primary draftee of peer-reviewed publications.
- Track record of independent presentation at major academic centers resulting in product adoption.
- Material input & experience in study protocol design & documentation.
- Prior experience as a medical affairs leader in the introduction of a novel new clinical product is highly desired.
Technical Skills Required
- Applies advanced knowledge of the biotechnology, diagnostics & pharmaceuticalindustry.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of company product specifications.
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of the following computer software programs: Microsoft Office: Powerpoint, Excel, & Word
- Ability to work independently & remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic.
- Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks, work cross-team & at different levels of the organization, whether internal or external relationships to the organization.
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in an ever changing dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills & personal initiative.
- Exceptional human relations skills to coordinate the accomplishment of tasks through other people.
- Outstanding oral presentation skills.
- Highly developed written skills, the ability to produce documents for dissemination both inside & outside the organization for presentations, technical briefs & scientific publications.
- Ability to elicit & answer clinical questions in groups ranging from individuals to larger didactic roundtables & meetings.
- Ability to address high-level experts in the scientific field at company-sponsored events & trade shows.
- Excellent proofreading skills, with the ability to proof for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, & formatting of documents.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.