Index Exchange is hiring an experienced Technical Writing Manager for our Documentation team. You will lead a team of Technical Writers & set the direction for our external & internal documentation. You will work very closely with our end users to ensure that our solutions have the necessary information to answer their questions & solve their problems. This role gives you the opportunity to combine your passion for tech with your stellar leadership skills to produce high-quality, highly technical documentation.
What youll be doing:
- Creating an autonomous & self organizing environment so your team will shine.
- Set the bar for excellence within your team & coach individuals to achieve their potential
- Setting the vision for the architecture, structure, & content of the documentation for the company, always keeping scale & customer needs in mind to guide these decisions
- Assessing existing documentation to proactively identify & address gaps.
- Lead team projects, such as updating our documentation standards & best practices.
We want someone who is:
- Curious: Youre not afraid to ask questions. You feel a strong need to understand the full context & technical concepts behind what youre working on.
- Technical: You love technology & have a high technical aptitude. You can easily understand (and arent intimidated by) complex systems.
- Proactive: You take ownership of your assigned product area. You take the initiative to keep up-to-date with what were building & follow up when necessary to unblock yourself & move work forward.
- Passionate: Youre fully engaged with your assigned product area. You take a lot of pride in your work & strive for continuous improvements.
- Results-Oriented: Youre driven by KPIs. You understand the business problems that youre trying to solve with your documentation & are obsessed with meeting customer needs.
- Empathetic: You advocate for users. You have a deep understanding of their needs & align your approach accordingly.
Heres what you have:
- Bachelors degree in English and/or a Technical Writing certificate.
- 5 or more years experience managing a technical writing team
- 7 or more years of experience writing highly technical documentation, including APIs.
- Expert knowledge of single-source authoring tools (such as Madcap Flare) to produce documentation.
- Ad tech experience would be a significant asset, but is not a strict requirement.
Why youll love working here:
- Work out of our downtown Toronto office.
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication & collaboration.
- Free snacks, beverages, & catered lunch on Fridays.
- Flexible hours & relaxed dress code.
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) & milestone outings.
- Full healthcare benefits, paid vacation, unlimited sick days, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships & more.