Develop a state-of-the-art product. Make sense of the future. Use data to grow your business.
If you are a coding fanatic & passionate about programming, we want you to help us make a huge impact. Our clients love our product & are thirsty for more!
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future & drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured & unstructured data & uses scientific methods to extract knowledge & insights from that data. We present those analytics through a sophisticated, dynamic user interface which enables our clients to find answers to their most important questions.
Your main tasks:
Senior Data Engineer will be the main engineering resource within our data science team. Reporting to the R&D Team Lead, you will work alongside data scientists on cutting-edge problems. The goal is to build efficient & reusabledata andmachine learning pipelinesto enable rapid R&D work,make it easy to productionize the research, quickly adopt new data sources, & maintain the best software engineering practices. The data engineer will collaborate with software engineers from other teams & influence thecompany's engineering strategy.
You will join a small & very motivated team doing interesting & unique work in NLP & knowledge discovery. You'll get access to rich & interesting data & a chance to build cutting-edge data processing pipelines. Here is your chance to be all you can be. This position is critical to scaling the data science team. You'll be responsible for enabling data science in a truly data-centriccompany.
What you bring to the table:
- BS in Computer Science or similar; advanced degrees also acceptable
- 4+ years professional experience in Python. Familiarity with Go is a plus
- Relational database proficiency (e.g. Redshift, MySQL, Aurora)
- Experience using Spark, Sqoop, AWS services (Spectrum, Glue) & other related tools in the big data ecosystem
- Knowledgeable of data modeling, data storage techniques, data warehousing & general data architecture
- Experience with engineering data pipelines to capture, store & process unstructured data
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Professional experience working remote or telecommuting
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submithereand you'll be eligible for $5,000!