When was the last time you were planning a business trip & really tried to save your company money? If your company allowed you to stay in a fancy hotel, would you ever volunteer to stay at an Airbnb or at a friend's house? How about flying coach instead of business class? The vast majority of employees optimize for comfort & convenience, spending at the high end of their company policy limits, because, well, why not? So how can a company get its employees to care about expenses without implementing draconian policies, creating friction & frustrating employees? How can a company motivate its employees to save?
The answer is Rocketrip. We're a NYC-based startup that rewards business travelers for cost-sensitive behavior. It's a win-win: companies save, while employees cash in with real rewards.
Rocketrip is looking for a Front End Engineer to join our team. Rocketrip software engineers have a penchant for solving unique problems. If you love & thrive on keeping up to date with & gaining a deep understanding of the latest web technologies, you will love working with us. Rocketrip is as much about web design as it is about employing diverse areas of Computer Science, including machine learning, information retrieval, distributed computing & natural language processing to transform the professional travel industry.
Technologies Youll Work With:
React, CSS Modules + SASS, TypeScript, Node.js, GraphQL, Webpack, Python, Django
What Youll Do:
- Build performant, intuitive, & beautiful user interfaces for internal & external customers
- Grow our core component library for usage across all of Rocketrips applications
- Continue to refine our client-side application architecture, developing libraries & framework abstractions to simplify development
- Own our GraphQL schema, working closely with platform engineering to ensure we can performantly fetch across our various services
- Partner with Product & Design to define user-facing roadmap & requirements
You Should Have:
- A good eye for design with solid UI/UX fundamentals. Have an opinion!
- Solid functional programming fundamentals
Here at Rocketrip, we...
- Are in high growth mode, & you will have the ability to make a huge impact.
- Offer great benefits, including medical, dental, & optical.
- Provide employees with a 401k plan.
- Believe it's important to rejuvenate & offer a "take what you need" vacation policy.
- Have a dog-friendly office.
- Provide access to gym membership discounts.
- Also give access to a range of other discounts including Citi Bike & Zipcar.
Founded in 2013 & headquartered in New York City, Rocketrip is aiming to revolutionize business travel by introducing the motivation to save. We're a group of tech innovators who looked at the current state of business travel, became frustrated by the antiquated employee & employer experiences, & decided to do something big about it. Our team is focused on utilizing technology, design & data to align employee & company interests.
Rocketrip is backed by a renowned set of investors & advisors, including Google Ventures (GV), Bessemer Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Genacast Ventures, & Y Combinator.