Bonobos is looking for a detail oriented Financial Analyst to help evolve our financial planning process by applying analytical rigor to constantly optimize the scalability of our business.If you are someone who is always seeking to improve, has high standards, & stays connected to the details, then this is the right role for you.
Reporting to our Senior Finance Manager, youll help evolve our financial planning process as an integral part of an agile & scrappy finance team, applying analytical rigor to constantly optimize the scalability & value of the business.
What you'll do...
- Develop & refine financial models to creating solutions that scale for the organization
- Support the forecasting & long range planning process for our e-Commerce & Guideshops businesses while maximizing profitability including:
- All aspects of the P&L but especially revenue & corporate overhead costs
- Maintain financial reporting architecture, ensuring cross-platform data integrity
- Conduct deep dive analyses to identify key business drivers & improvement opportunities
- Provide support on group deliverables such as Board of Directors presentations
- Support quarterly business reviews
- Lead business case development & evaluation of new opportunities, modeling operating changes, revenues, costs, capital, DCF & IRR, & new views on P&L analysis
- Ongoing implementation of our planning tool Host Analytics
- Function-led process improvement activities & other special projects such as creation of standardized budget templates, harmonization of business & financial processes, etc.
- Carry a degree from a top university & bring 2-3 years of relevant work experience in Financial Planning & Analysis. This means having worked in fast-growth tech-companies, blue-chip corporates or management consulting, covering forecasting to reporting, financial modeling.
- Are an Excel master & love working in Excel (Index Match, If Statements, Pivot Tables), able to wield your modeling wizardry within a thriving business.
- Have experience working with large-scale data mining & reporting tools (i.e. Host Analytics, NetSuite, Adaptive, Essbase and/or TM1 Cognos) Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize financial analysis & business objectives into recommendations
- Have strong interpersonal skills in addition to comfort presenting to C-level executives
- Based on your intellectual curiosity, you dont need micromanagement - working independently & in a fast paced environment excites you.
- Operationally, you live for the challenge, breaking it into small, achievable pieces while focusing on delivering results.
- As a self-starter with the ability to manage priorities, your intrinsic motivation to level up is matched by your ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders & projects.
- As a team player, you create a shared sense of direction & community among stakeholders & demonstrate excellent communication skills. You exhibit executive presence & the ability to interact with senior management in an agile environment.
- We are specifically looking for an individual with a thorough understanding of finance & the ability to work with many stakeholders - as a well-rounded contributor, your attitude will make the difference.
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation & benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun & awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another