Operations sits at the heart of Betterment, partnering cross-functionally as we drive forward on mission-critical initiatives across the business. Reporting to the VP of Operations, you will have a 360-degree view of the company, working with Finance, Product, Engineering, Legal/Compliance, & Analytics to drive the business forward. No two days will look the same. You will balance core business operations (coordinating planning, managing incidents, improving processes) with one or more strategic initiatives at a given time. You may be asked to stand up a new operations function, negotiate with & implement a vendor, or analyze & improve our liquidity management. Better yet, youll tell us where you see gaps, & proactively work to improve the business. Youll become the glue connecting the broader organization, & with a hand in every function, & will shape the growth of the business.
You are passionate about developing efficient & scalable operations. Youre not a financial analyst, yet you are excited to build a financial model. Youre not a lawyer, but you know your way around a contract. Youre not in compliance, however you can speak fluently about regulations. You love being at the center of any issue. You thrive when leading cross-functional projects from start to finish. You know that it is more than just planning, & that follow-through is everything. Youre excited to work at a full-stack company, where we own everything from customer messaging to back end processing. You love collaborating, learning, & explaining complex systems to others. You are adept at fostering consensus, creating process, solving problems, & ultimately building a better product.
At Day in the Life:
- Partner with product & engineering to expand the Betterment offering, working on business cases, researching new products, or operationalizing a new line of business
- Develop policies & procedures to codify & scale operations, introducing best in class standards across the teams
- Create a comprehensive roadmap & strategy for the entire operations organization, & implement appropriate metrics & reporting
- Build relationships with our finance, legal, compliance, & customer service departments to manage & resolve escalated issues in the most efficient manner
- Conduct due diligence on potential partners, analyze pricing, & implement new vendors across the operations landscape
What We're Looking For:
- Relevant work experience in investing, banking, consulting, or other financial services roles, particularly focusing on operations & execution
- A passion for investing & a broad knowledge of the securities industry, including applicable regulations
- Ability to draft clear policies & procedures, & apply these across disciplines on a growing team
- Experience communicating technical concepts, questions & problems for non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work in diverse, dynamic environment & effectively collaborate across teams, especially by managing without authority
- Analytical prowess with strong excel skills & meticulous attention to detail
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health & well-being, & being on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
- Youll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing.
- Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up & cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
- Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge & transparent workspace through mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells & BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Betterment is one of the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.