We are seeking a Global Senior Financial Analyst with a passion for finance & excellent communication skills to join our Finance team. This position will focus on financial planning, analysis, & reporting for our global business operations. The Global Senior Financial Analyst will work across all divisions of the business & with top levels of leadership.
We are looking for someone with integrity & a strong financial background to focus on day-to-day operations; budget tracking, forecast modeling, analysis to support strategic decisions, & supporting deliverables on financial performance & metrics. We expect the work of the Global Senior Financial Analyst & their insights to help our employees, executives, & the Board make important strategic decisions.
As a small team, this role offers the opportunity to make a big impact & create tangible results throughout the business. This role reports directly to the Senior Manager, Global Finance.
**We are looking for teammates who are willing to work out of our New York, NY office on a full time basis. Due to COVID, our team is working remotely indefinitely, however, we do expect to return to the office.**
- Support the budgeting & forecasting processes by coordinating with cross-functional partners
- Develop, innovate, & maintain our financial modeling tools & processes
- Partner with business leaders to support strategic decision making through analysis & insights
- Track, report, & analyze global business performance against budget & forecast for upper management
- Prepare materials on financial performance & metrics to be shared with employees, executives, & the Board
- Coordinate with the Accounting team & other stakeholders to investigate discrepancies, create process improvements, propose & create methods of automation, & ensure accurate & timely delivery of financial reporting
- BA or BS degree in finance or accounting.
- 2 3 years of FP&A / finance experience (investment banking is a plus).
- Excellent communication & relationship building skills.
- Thorough understanding of accounting, income statement, balance sheet, & cash flow dynamics.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel to build comprehensive financial models.
A successful candidate...
- is a self-starter who is able to prioritize & manage multiple assignments, take initiative, & balance independent & collaborative workloads.
- is motivated by the opportunity to tackle new challenges, dig into problems, & make a broad impact on the business.
- is able to work with large amounts of data & is a stickler for details but can also zoom out to understand the big picture.
- can deliver quality work in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines.
- has excellent verbal & written communication skills, especially in distilling down financial information.
Birchbox was founded in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: weve activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty & grooming by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isnt the simple concept of delivering a box of samples its understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, & experiences. We celebrate how different perspectives benefit our employees, our products, & our community. We are focused on cultivating a diverse & inclusive work environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, & innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. See here to find out how Birchbox is making a difference.
***To support an inclusive & equitable hiring process, we are eliminating resume submissions. To complete your application, answer the questions below.***