Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Program Manager for our Consumer Trust team. The ideal candidate is passionate about protecting consumers from bad actors & fraudulent communications, has great judgment, loves solving complex problems indepenently & ihas an inquisitive mind capable of cutting through the noise in the course of a complex investigation. You will have the ability to drive changes throughout the organization that help us improve our fraud detection capabilities & customer experience. You will partner with multiple teams within Twilio to handle & resolve executive escalations & fraud incidents that present internal & external risk.
We require a fast-thinking team-player able to quickly respond to complex issues, investigate them, coordinate the investigation across multiple teams, BUs & products & deliver a resolution that truly embodies wearing the customers shoes. This person will live the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading cross-team projects or investigations. The role will be key to ensuring customer trust by successfully investigating issues, identifying root causes, coordinating resolutions & turning the learnings into feedback for product teams & owners. Ideal candidates will have a background that includes:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years work experience in the high tech or ecommerce space (ideally on a fraud, risk, compliance or security focused team)
- 3 or more years project and/or management experience & experience executing against product-led roadmaps preferably in the high tech or ecommerce space; equivalent process experience i.e. Scrum, Kanban, Six Sigma
- Experience leading multiple projects or programs & working cross-functionally to deliver results; able to design programs of work & coordinate across multiple project managers
- Experience developing key metrics, reporting & stakeholder updates related to projects/programs
- Ability to communicate complex issues to external & internal stakeholders
- Experience in customer facing roles
- Ability to resolve conflicts amicably by determining what mutually agreed success looks like
- Excellent judgement when working through incidents with customers & internal teams.
- Familiarity with legal & regulatory frameworks surrounding fraud & abuse.
- Hands-on experience fighting fraud at-scale including:
- Experience managing & implementing complex rules across multiple systems & evaluating impact of those rules
- Hands-on experience fighting chargebacks & identifying payment fraud mitigation opportunities that lead to chargebacks is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies & processes, & hands-on process experience with cross-team projects
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate fraud-related concepts to multiple teams to build awareness of risk & priority
- Ability to create logical views of project sequence & dependency to orchestrate work across multiple teams
As a Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES:
- Use project management tools & techniques to identify project scope, schedule, & resources involving multiple stakeholders
- Collaborate with Product & customer-facing teams to drive the most critical roadmap items forward
WRITE IT DOWN:
- Document program/ project plans for cross-team initiatives & work with multiple teams both inside & outside of Consumer Trust to drive results on-schedule
DRAW THE OWL:
- Contribute to the definition, development & tracking of effective metrics & R&D improvements that drive improved operating performance against SLAs/SLOs
- Consolidate project/ program metrics & lead regular reviews at the BU level
- Represent your program at the corporate level monthly metrics review
- Prioritize & define ROI of fraud improvements in a way that is compelling & understandable to Product
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally & every month, billions of voice & video calls are made & billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers & businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful & much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy & security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform & were able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilios customers remain compliant & have the most engaged & relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a program leader to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy & help take Twilio to the next level.
This position will be located in our beautiful & well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn, though considering the worlds current circumstances will start as remote. Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.