The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The RealReal is looking for individuals who have the ability to work with very discerning clientele & have a passion for the luxury product. The Sales Development Representative will provide unparalleled service for the countrys largest online luxury consignment marketplace.
This position is based in New York, NY & will report to the Manager of Inside Sales.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop & close new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up to achieve monthly goals
- Source new sales opportunities through outbound prospecting activities including engagement campaigns by phone, email, & text
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales channels for further development & closure if appropriate
- Develop strong relationships with newly acquired consignors
- Maintain & grow your database of prospective clients
- Work with sales management & senior sales staff on strategic sales methods
- Remain knowledgeable & up-to-date on The RealReal service offerings
- Awareness of Luxury Market or love of fashion
- 1-2 years New Business Development or Sales experience
- Prior Inside Sales & Account Management experience is highly desirable
- Exceptional Closing skills
- Evidence that you are a top producer who frequently exceeds quota
- Strong organization & time management skills
- Exhibit clear verbal & written communication
- Strong Listening skills
- Comfortable in a High-Velocity Iterative team environment
- Experience in a startup environment, if possible
- Bachelors degree in Business or related discipline strongly preferred
This position is a full time job & requires a high level of commitment. Please only apply if you fit all the criteria listed above.