Outset is a medical technology company pioneering a first-of-its-kind technology to reduce the cost & complexity of dialysis. The Tablo Hemodialysis System, FDA cleared for use from the hospital to the home, represents a significant technological advancement that transforms the dialysis experience for patients & operationally simplifies it for providers. Tablo serves as a single enterprise solution that can be utilized across the continuum of care, allowing dialysis to be delivered anytime, anywhere & by anyone. The integration of water purification & on-demand dialysate production enables Tablo to serve as a dialysis clinic on wheels, with 2-way wireless data transmission & a proprietary data analytics platform powering a new holistic approach to dialysis care.
We are seeking a Data Scientist that can directly impact the experience of patients & clinicians as well as Outset business operations with their breadth of skills & can-do attitude. The candidate should bring a strong background ML/Data Science framework approach to problem solving & the ability to understand complex data systems. The candidate should be fluent in SQL , Python/R , ML model Building , deep Learning techniques & ability to build production ready predictive ML & Statistical models.
Essential Job Functions
- Leverage experience & knowledge of ML systems to build predictive models to help understand longevity of medical devices
- Excellent Data Manipulation skills & ability to extract insights from multiple sources of data.
- Participates in risk assessment, requirements definition, software architecture & detailed design, implementation, & software verification & validation.
- Defines tasks associated with all phases of software development & provides accurate estimates of required effort & project completion dates.
- Provides software engineering expertise for the continuous improvement of product & process.
- Apply advanced deep learning techniques to solve complex machine failure problems
- Collaborate with product management & engineering departments to understand company needs & devise possible solutions
- PhD or Masters in Computer Engineering, Math , Statistics or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Expert level understanding of machine learning techniques & algorithms, including clustering, anomaly detection, optimization, neural network, deep learning etc
- Use proven exceptional analytical & problem-solving skills to solve business problems
- Expertise with AWS, S3, Flink, Spark, Kafka, ElasticSearch
- Previous work in a start-up environment is strongly desired
- Advanced Python/R/SQL programming experience
- Deep understanding of Deep Learning Frameworks such as PyTorch,Tensorflow.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills & can work effectively with a diversity of personalities. Must be approachable, show respect for others, & be able to present data effectively to different audiences.
- High level of initiative with ability to self-manage, able to take calculated & bold initiatives to meet expectations while maintaining the ability to handle multiple projects & meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Flexible in daily schedule, tasks required & problem solving, while maintaining compliance with company policies & procedures.