Company Description|Job Description
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers & enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content & brands. Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data & technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices & six data centers worldwide.
The Director of Ad Solutions is a highly visible & strategically important role at PubMatic. We are looking for an individual whose digital media experience has given her or him a keen understanding of real-time bidding, a mastery of the full programmatic supply chain, & a network of agency relationships. PubMatic is changing the conversation around how buyers access supply. Working out of our New York City office, the Director of Ad Solutions will be tasked with engaging senior executives at major agencies, challenging their current assumptions, & selling in new partnership ideas. Successfully doing so requires a strategic, collaborative thinker who can bring in other PubMatic directors, executives, & subject-matter experts as needed. The Director of Ad Solutions also manages a small team of DSP & Agency account executives responsible who can help move larger partnerships forward through their conversations & day-to-day account management.
The ideal candidate has experience at either a DSP or SSP & deep relationships within agency holding companies. He or she enjoys networking at industry functions, staying current on the latest programmatic trends, & proactively seeking out knowledge specific to the inner-workings of PubMatic's technology. The role requires an ability to think creatively & collaborate with others in executing long-term, complex deals. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a record of progressive responsibility & accomplishments in digital media and/or technology sales, & will have strong knowledge of all facets of inventory yield strategies & operational requirements for real time media monetization.
- 8 years of related experience in sales, business development, and/or product within an advertising technology company
- Past experiences guiding deals that may involve global collaboration between multiple internal & external stakeholders
- Growth mindset: willing to take risks, ask questions, & even appear foolish in order to learn; not focused on status or authority
- Solution leadership: able to shape the roadmap of features requested by clients & lead discussion in relationship with our Product Management & R&D team
- Understand the dynamics of the sell-side, most notably operations of supply side platforms & ad serving tech
- Superb communicator & service-oriented leader
- Ability to present effectively to C-level executives & confidently navigate challenges
- Ultra-high EQ
- Define & execute PubMatic's Biddable IO sales strategy across DSPs & agency holding companies
- Manage several highly talented, independent DSP & agency account executives
- Instill a culture of collaboration & accountability
- Travel as necessary in support of business objectives (prospect/client meetings, conferences, internal meetings)
This position will require frequent & meaningful interaction peers in other offices & PubMatic senior leadership. To be a leader in this environment will require the ability to quickly connect the dots between all functions & possess a deep understanding of PubMatic's technology, service offerings, & capabilities.
In addition, we highly value individuals who are:
- Optimistic but realistic & with a strong sense of humor
- Highly motivated to work for a growth business, & aware of the difference relative to working for a large corporate company
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.