KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
- (Apartments/Sr. Living/Student Housing/Hospitality
- Interior/Exterior Renovations = Vacant Renovations
- Typical project size = $3-5M
- Property Size = 200-400 Units
- Avg Project Timeline - 18-24 months
- Typically turning 8-10 units/week
- Need hands on Assistant Superintendents general construction & familiarity with multiple trades
- Strong communication skills = Big people piece dealing with Subs/Property Manager/Tenants/Owners/etc.
- No travel necessary
- Superintendents will manage day to day operations & on sight project management.
- Must know excel /outlook/how to use their calendar
- Prefer someone 2-7 years construction/project engineering experience
- M-F typically working 8am-6pm. Weekend work on occasion.
- NO BONUS potential
This job will be physically taxing, Superintendents/Assistant Superintendents will be renovating multiple units throughout the property at a time vs. 1 building at a time. Typical property will be fairly large, & the candidate will be required to walk the units in production multiple times/day.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in Scheduling subcontractors, consultants, & vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties & responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Communicate & insure coordination with ASIs, RFIs, addendums & material submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing & complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety & environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress & communicate them to the project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log (written & photos) of activities on the jobsite.
- Periodically will perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by the project team.
- Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities & assist in future planning.
- Lead onsite weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate & communicate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors regarding quality of work, scheduling or safety.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean & organized manner.
- Perform job progress & completion punch list walks with the client identifying & completing incomplete items.
- Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
- Gather project material submittals & maintain records of approvals at the job-site.
- Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
- Lead a pre-construction meeting with each subcontractor prior to the start of the work.
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day & securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
- Assist in hiring sub-tier employees (i.e. labor services, etc.)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.