Help us grow our Northeast operation
The GM, Northeast of Flexport will relish the chance to provide a tangible solution to a so-far unsolved problem. This person is tasked with growing a team of world-class tech, operations, & account management executives centered around retaining quality customers, while upselling an existing base of shippers. Additionally, this person will manage all regional operations (P&L responsibility) & drive the culture & vision of Flexport forwards.
You will develop & implement a regional business plan which includes key deliverables, dates, competitive strategies, product positioning/messaging, & ultimately full P&L responsibility to achieve the company's growth objectives & a leading market position in the Northeast. This position will report directly to the GM, North America & provide monthly & quarterly revenue & operations guidance & visibility up to the CEO with the responsibilities below.
- Manage a geographically distributed team across 2 locations
- Drive account management & implementation teams such that Flexport customers realize value more quickly.
- Grow a budding services & support organization to effectively retain & upsell buyers in multiple markets.
- Develop, scale, & manage a diverse, A-grade team, that needs more at-bats in an enterprise selling model.
- Partner with the SVP, Sales to build & execute a strategy to meet/exceed agreed upon sales & margin targets.
- Enhance the land & expand strategy to penetrate deeply into the enterprise & mid-market faster.
- Engage closely with core Inside Sales/SDR leadership to continually refine hybrid attack strategy, be involved in the key deals each quarter.
- Install best of breed sales management approaches to territory/account planning, forecasting & pipeline management.
You should have:
- Proven success scaling a business, preferably experience growing a revenue stream from $50M to $250M+
- Compelling & verifiable track record of success as an entrepreneur, strategic thinker, builder & leader.
- Track record of market-making/market-redefining taking new products into new markets & creating & operationalizing an end-to-end operational process.
- Hands on leader with the ability to attract & retain a highly motivated & talented team.
- Proven top-performing leader with the ability to drive account management teams to significant revenue growth.
- Enterprise, marketplace & process-driven leadership & business development experience gained in fast-paced, high growth organizations.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a strong track record of successfully delivering innovation market & driving results
- Experience identifying, hiring & developing a world-class team from an early stage; proven ability to mentor & lead great talent
- Exceptional business, budget & people management skills; passionate about achieving team success; able to inspire & motivate the team.
- Track record of hiring, growing & retaining A players.
- Can-do, roll-up-the-sleeves, results-oriented approach; accessible & approachable.
- Strategic thinker & disciplined planner; able to operationalize strategic plans; well organized.
- Excellent presenter & communicator on all channels (written, verbal, phone, media)
- Exceptional negotiation & problem-solving skills
- Cognizant of business cultural differences & norms across the globe; able to adapt style & approach to local business cultures.
- Highly collaborative; track record of building strong internal & external relationships.
- High integrity & ethics; style & behavior align with Flexports values
- Self-motivated, high-energy to sustain success in a fast-paced environment.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation