As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The junior writer will update & write stories for our shopping/e-commerce site The Strategist. The website, an offshoot of the magazines award-winning print section of the same name, offers readers rigorously-vetted articles to help navigate the vast online shopping landscape.
- Write & update 1-2 articles on a daily basis
- Research products across online shopping-sphere at variety of merchants (fashion, beauty, homewares, gadgets, kitchen, etc.)
- Find most convincing & editorially engaging product reviews
- Synthesize relevant information from product reviews & the Strategists archive to write engaging overview in our tone
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by editors
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field, or currently enrolled in a bachelor's program
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with digital publishing tools preferred
- Knowledge & understanding of the online shopping-sphere preferred
- Understanding or willingness to learn the Strategist's voice & approach to service journalist
Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.