Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. The products & services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
The Stack Overflow for Teams helps software teams build better, faster, & easier by equipping them with Stack Overflows unique & industry-leading solution for team enablement. The Account Executive is responsible for driving revenue, along with developing & nurturing relationships with key Enterprise accounts & partners. Youll also work with cross-functional teams to help align our product roadmap & marketing materials with customer feedback. This role will report into the Sales Director, Teams.
What youll do:
- Respond to incoming leads & prospect for new business
- Develop relationships with a set number of key strategic accounts within a geographic region
- Begin to map-out or blueprint account stakeholders & buying processes through the development of relationships at prospect accounts
- Manage the full sales cycle including lead generation, cold calling, & managing relationships
- Serve as a key representative of the customer voice in the product development process internally & work with other members of the team to drive advancement of the product & overall business
- Work with the Managing Director, Teams & sales operations team to develop & evolve the sales process & associated infrastructure
- Work closely & in alignment with Customer Success team to ensure successful deployments & continued account growth
- Begin to uncover the specific pains of the various stakeholders & work to build strategies to trigger, drive & engage opportunities
- Provide feedback & viewpoint from the customer & sales team to help improve the Stack Overflow Teams product & business
What youll need to have:
- 10+ years in B2B sales; SaaS or software
- 4+ years experience selling enterprise technology in a fast-paced & competitive market
- Must be fluent in English & German
- Experience closing sales & generating revenue
- Have a consistent track record of identifying customer needs & successfully implementing solutions
- Strong communicator able of working across teams & departments
- Comfortable with all aspects of lead generation including cold-calling & relationship building
- Passionate about the Stack Overflow story & our global connection to developers & ways that we can help them learn, share & level up
- Exceptional presentation & interpersonal skills, & an ability to interface to senior levels of an organization & develop productive C-level relationships
What youll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary & Commission
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, & unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely. Well reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office Youll be in our headquarters in New York City, & enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, & all the espresso you can drink.
Were a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), youll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.